LegacyGT.com

Projectors and HID Kits

I installed a DDM HID Kit into my '08 LGT. The only modifications I had to do was drill a hole in the dust caps. Not sure what you have to do for your model though. The stock projectors cut off the light decently as well.

they make plug and play kits, take a look at ddmtuning for the cheapest hid kit. a lot of people here including myself have installed a plug and play kit.

drilling or cutting the dust cap and possible reaiming lights

many say to get a wiring harness to reduce the currant through the oem wiring

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

So the highs for jdm's seem to be fine at not blinding other people on the road with the light of the gods, does the lows headlamp work with the hid's and not blind other motorists? (On jdm lenses, xl379)

As long as you can see the cut off and its not aim up too much to blind on coming drivers it should be fine

mine was way off to begin with. i was shining the overhead signs on the hwy:eek: someone wanted to see the stars:lol: i went hids cause i couldnt see at all at night, all i needed was to re aim them

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

I have JDM projectors and installed a kit from DDM. They don't blind anyone since I aimed them to California DOT specs following this thread posted by ministiguy: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/align-your-headlights-if-you-dont-know-now-you-do-54740.html

Some people would advise against using HIDs in JDM projectors since there is a possibility that the chrome will bubble. I haven't had that experience. I am running 55w 5000k (maybe 6000k, not sure) IIRC, and they are completely awesome. :) I don't even use my brights lately. But I will ground the brights soon so I can run them with the HIDs.

I did the HID install at the same time I installed my JDMs, and also threw in some angel eyes. I also wired the JDMs so I could use the city lights, stock lows, and highs, and turn signals so it took me a while to work out the bugs and figure everything out. As far as installing the HIDs they are really easy to do. I took pics of how I did it and could dig some up if you want.

My drivers side headlight is ridiculously brighter than my passenger side. Changed both bulbs and it made no difference. Maybe it's the way they're aimed.

My drivers side headlight is ridiculously brighter than my passenger side. Changed both bulbs and it made no difference. Maybe it's the way they're aimed.

MY passenger side is this way. Brighter than dimmer on the driver side.

Archived