LegacyGT.com

06 GT Limited w/ 14K for only $15,000?? wtf?

Does this sound a bit too good to be true to you guys? I found a 2006 Legacy GT Limited sedan with just over 14,000 miles on it, for only $15,000. I ran a car fax on it and it came out clean, no accidents, no salvage or anything. The guy said he bought it for his son, who just recently got kicked out of high school and is in jail for another 10 days. He said its priced low because he's trying to sell it before his son gets out of jail, as he doesn't feel he deserves it anymore. Does this sound too good to be true or what? I'm going to go look at it later today.

At a minimum I would guess you should get an independent mechanic to take a look. Some people are not always rational, so maybe you just found yourself a very good deal...

You may also want to be worried about odometer rollback and wonder if the apparently troublesome kid drove the crap out of it.

Total scam, the vin number he gave me over the phone/email was not the vin number on the car, just a random legacy gt with low miles he must have found I guess. I could tell the car had been in an accident, as there was glue around the edge of the windshield from it being replaced, and the entire front end, and both drivers side doors seemed slightly glossier than the rest of the car. I pointed this out to him, and he denied it ever being in an accident. I opened the hood and the idiot still had stickers on the inside of the fenders from the body shop dated in July of 07. Wrote down the vin, as the guy was trying to kick me out of his used car lot (which I didn't know the car was located here until he gave me the address to come look at it, he made it sound like he was a private seller over the phone). I then went home and ran a car fax, and it had been salvaged/reported as a total loss, and retitled in another state. On the car fax, it said it had 37,578 miles on the odo when it was totaled, so he must have changed the gauge cluster or something. I had a friend call about another car he had in the lot, and ask why it was so cheap, and he gave him the same b.s. story about selling it before his son gets out of jail, it needs to go fast, and of course a vin number different then the car he was actually selling. I reported him to the Detroit Police, and later I will file a report with the BBB. I'm usually not the type of person to ever rat someone out, but I have no remorse for people who are just complete scum and scam others for a living.

I reported him to the Detroit Police, and later I will file a report with the BBB. I'm usually not the type of person to ever rat someone out, but I have no remorse for people who are just complete scum and scam others for a living.

Glad you did, someone should put this guy out of business.

Glad you did, someone should put this guy out of business.

I agree. Glad someone did something. A lot of people would just assume it was a great deal and maybe miss some of the signs that it was totaled and then they get stuck with it.

Total scam, the vin number he gave me over the phone/email was not the vin number on the car, just a random legacy gt with low miles he must have found I guess. I could tell the car had been in an accident, as there was glue around the edge of the windshield from it being replaced, and the entire front end, and both drivers side doors seemed slightly glossier than the rest of the car. I pointed this out to him, and he denied it ever being in an accident. I opened the hood and the idiot still had stickers on the inside of the fenders from the body shop dated in July of 07. Wrote down the vin, as the guy was trying to kick me out of his used car lot (which I didn't know the car was located here until he gave me the address to come look at it, he made it sound like he was a private seller over the phone). I then went home and ran a car fax, and it had been salvaged/reported as a total loss, and retitled in another state. On the car fax, it said it had 37,578 miles on the odo when it was totaled, so he must have changed the gauge cluster or something. I had a friend call about another car he had in the lot, and ask why it was so cheap, and he gave him the same b.s. story about selling it before his son gets out of jail, it needs to go fast, and of course a vin number different then the car he was actually selling. I reported him to the Detroit Police, and later I will file a report with the BBB. I'm usually not the type of person to ever rat someone out, but I have no remorse for people who are just complete scum and scam others for a living.

:) good on you!

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Recently my friend and I fell into the same situation but with a g35 sedan priced at a reasonable price. The person lied about there being no head on collision, lied about a lot of things actually, we got a friend who is a mechanic and found it to have been welded in many parts. The guy was just like, oooo i didnt know, but now that he does, he is still selling for the same price.

Archived