LegacyGT.com

Horrible noise at low speeds

bradlgt21

I keep hearing this screaching noise coming from the wheel tire area. Almost like wear sensors. But I pulled the tire off and the breaks are still in great shape. They are HPS pads and I put them on a year ago. I didn't do anything with the stock rotors during break job. Upon inspection I saw nothing really wrong except the inside of the rotor was shiny like it was wearing on something. Could my rotors just need to be replaced. How do you know you need new rotors other than taking them off and getting them measured.

The noise only happens at low speeds and when I am not braking but while moving, so I know it's gotta be a wheel thing. And when braking I hear intermitten noises like there is a deposit on the rotor, but I can't see anything when looking.

Maybe it's the rock idea, because I didn't take off the rotor, it could be behind in the dust shield I didn't think about that. Next chance I get I think I am going to take the rotor off and inspect the dust shield, might as well take it in to get measured while I am at it so I know when it's time to do rotors.

Upon inspection the dust sheild on the noisy side was closer then the driver side. So I took a screw driver and hammer and kind of bent it back. Noise went away, it still sounds like the rotors have bad wear patterns on them, probably from the rubbing sheild. I am going to have to do the new pad break in process again, that should remove any uneven spots.

Archived