LegacyGT.com

Jacobpockros's 2001 Legacy GT Limited Sedan 5-Speed thread

How's it goin everyone. Just picked up my 2001 Legacy GT Limited Sedan 5-Speed. It has 113,500 original miles on it and it is all original including the paint. I flew to Chandler, Arizona to pick it up and drove it 6.5 hours back home to San Diego, California. There are absolutely no problems with this car and I couldn't have made a wiser decision. Even though it's just going to be my Daily Driver commuter car (I'm looking for a nice Supra to have as a weekend), I was looking for a decent condition 5-Speed Legacy Sedan with leather interior for 6 months and jumped on this right when I saw it for sale by a Chevy dealer (was a trade in).

I plan to lower the car and do some other minor mods to it. Mainly just a clean daily driver.

I will update this thread as much as I can. Thanks for looking!

- Jake

35097714443_4e8fbcfe45_c.jpg

35097714213_9df741af4f_c.jpg

35097714303_b3182862b5_c.jpg

35906688875_d7c7866724_c.jpg

35775130341_9d99142eeb_c.jpg

35518824340_3e2240313a_c.jpg

35737154382_0b77c1cfab_c.jpg

35518825020_e2d5dd6261_c.jpg

35518825090_d0636ff2c8_c.jpg

35775130291_946ce698e3_c.jpg

35518824230_aef2f86755_c.jpg

Edited by Jacobpockros
  • Like 1

Clean ride! Look forward to see what you do for a turbo in the future cause it would really be nice with a little more power considering it's got less than 1/2 of my other car. This is also just my daily driver so something simple and not too stressful on the motor is the way to go.

Clean ride! Look forward to see what you do for a turbo in the future cause it would really be nice with a little more power considering it's got less than 1/2 of my other car. This is also just my daily driver so something simple and not too stressful on the motor is the way to go.

Exactly. I may only be running 3lbs of boost if I decide on not getting a tune. If I do get a tune I may do 5-6lbs. My main goal is to make sure the engine internals stay perfectly healthy.

I was looking at it the other day and decided that a small fmic (same size as a standard tmic) is the way to go behind the front bumper without having to cut or permanently modify anything. This fmic will have the inlet and outlet both sticking out of the bottom because there is no room to route the plumbing through the sides.

The turbo parts are 3rd in line. Right now I have wtb threads for suspension and a roofrack (I surf during the summers).

After I find these parts, I'm going to be looking for the actual turbo, probably one that comes with an internal wastegate.

Edited by Jacobpockros

Man, it looks like you could eat off of your garage floor. That's exactly the material that I am looking for to have done to my garage. Something with a non slip material added to it. Edited by coppertone
2010 2.5GT limited is for sale. :)

Just went to the Subi Dealer. Bought Coolant, Touch up paint, and Coolant Conditioner that helps prevent the EJ251's Head Gasket issues (at least that's what Subaru says lol).

35775122261_e6e412df72_c.jpg

Also ordered 2002-2007 Impreza Front Spring Perches to properly hold in H&R Wagon Springs I will be getting (no springs are made for the Sedan to my knowledge). The perches should arrive at the dealer this Monday.

- Jake

Edited by Jacobpockros

Hold onto the Coolant Conditioner bottle just in case you need a new head gasket ... lol

Right? I mainly bought it because I need to add more coolant anyway and the Coolant Conditioner was only an extra $1.50.

I'm adding it mainly for better piece of mind whether it helps or not lol. Is there an open recall on these cars for Head Gaskets? After I go turbo the probability may go up even though it will be very low boost.

Right? I mainly bought it because I need to add more coolant anyway and the Coolant Conditioner was only an extra $1.50.

I'm adding it mainly for better piece of mind whether it helps or not lol. Is there an open recall on these cars for Head Gaskets? After I go turbo the probability may go up even though it will be very low boost.

The recall was there, but once the vehicle is out of warranty, SOA is very choosey with there decisions on rebuilds.

Id recommend looking at the HGs and the coolant system soon since your at 115k. My BH went out at 160K and its worth the HG replacement. Especially if you plan to boost...your going to accelerate the HG issue due to the higher compression.

Update:

Just picked up my 02'-07' OEM WRX Top Hats today at the Subaru Dealer. These are required to properly lower a 3G Sedan on H&R 3G Wagon Lowering Springs. (H&R only makes the Lowering Springs for the Wagon models).

35518815810_400857e563_c.jpg

Edited by Jacobpockros

Update:

Just did the Coolant flush today. Took off the plastic belly pan under the radiator, cleaned it with soap and water, followed by plastic dressing to give it that shiny "greasy" look. Probably will only look clean for a week since it's under the car lol. Anyway, poored the Subaru Anitfreeze and Coolant Conditioner into a container followed by doubling it's amount via water (the back of the antifreeze container said to mix it 50/50 with water). Before I dumped it all in, I turned the heater on full blast while dumping water through the radiator with all plugs loose to "flush" the whole system out as per Subaru's instructions. Dumped it all in and had a decent amount left over. Since the Coolant Conditioner was less than $2 I'm going to buy another container of it and dump it all in.

Also have my first mod coming in the mail ;)

- Jake

Edited by Jacobpockros

• 3 weeks later...