LegacyGT.com

Bigger Tires on a Lifted Legacy

zisforzachary

Hey Guys,

So this is a bit unusual, but I went up instead of down on my legacy. Im looking for something a little more off-road friendly. At this point I've swapped the struts/springs/bits on my legacy gt for some outback pieces. I then also put a some subtle solution spacers on it to give the car another 1" lift.

Essentially I'm asking at this point what your thoughts are for a wheel/tire set up now that i have more room to make things happen.

Pictures for reference on how much clearance I have now (actual car)

1588335857_2015-03-0117_12_47.jpg.8c6007a771a7b2a7c510ea776fe9da79.jpg

475869926_2015-03-0117_12_20.jpg.e8ee5e7b90c947e362ab6bb98d77f52f.jpg

not bad looking. I have a set of megan racing coilovers from an outback, it just needs to be rebuild.

One question though, how would you go about recalibrating the speedometer after up-sizing the tires? Would it be as simple as replacing the vss from an outback? I went into Romraider to see if they had this a table for this, but apparently, no.

I'm not too worried about the speedo quite yet. If you use 1010tires.com and go to their tire size calculator it'll tell you what the difference is @ 60 mph which is helpful. from there you could make reasonable judgements by creating a linear scale of how fast you were going based off of your 60 mph speed.

That though is down the road and I'll worry about that after I get some tires.

I'm not too worried about the speedo quite yet. If you use 1010tires.com and go to their tire size calculator it'll tell you what the difference is @ 60 mph which is helpful. from there you could make reasonable judgements by creating a linear scale of how fast you were going based off of your 60 mph speed.

That though is down the road and I'll worry about that after I get some tires.

Leviman figured this out for us. You can replace the ABS module with an Outback one to read the correct speed. Because you have a GT you need to stick with 17 inch rims (to clear the larger brakes). Is there any reason why you just don't want to go to an Outback sized tire (225/55/17)

Did you add the drive line drop from an outback to lower the driveline and correct the CV joint angles? Or is that part of the Subtle Solutions kit?

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/speedometer-error-correction-discovery-233936.html

Edited by Rhitter

• 6 years later...
Hey Guys,

So this is a bit unusual, but I went up instead of down on my legacy. Im looking for something a little more off-road friendly. At this point I've swapped the struts/springs/bits on my legacy gt for some outback pieces. I then also put a some subtle solution spacers on it to give the car another 1" lift.

Essentially I'm asking at this point what your thoughts are for a wheel/tire set up now that i have more room to make things happen.

Pictures for reference on how much clearance I have now (actual car)

VERY jealous, love it. i want to lift mine around 4” also, how did all the swapped parts work out for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk