LegacyGT.com

Official jdm conversion/aftermarket body thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So after switching back to TMIC setup i need a new bumper skin to replace the gaping hole on my front end which i now have:

to 08+ spec b/s402 front end:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/desperatedano/FL1.jpg

I thought it would be easy considering its already a jdm model but parts list i seem to need so far include:

Bumper skin

front fenders

crash bar foam supports upper and lower

foglights and brackets

foglight covers

headlights(with or without washers)

headlight brackets

side bumper clips

I need to figure out if the non-washer units are HID(Xenon) as standard and will the be plug and play with my current HID wiring

Also i need to figure out if i can get the headlight washer jet wiring working and figure out do they spray off the stalk like the windshield washers or is there a seperate butto or different stalk needed

Headlights will most likely come from auctions in Japan, fenders too but i can't find any of the 08+ ones i want. Bumper skin i can get from local Subaru dealer surprisingly cheap brand new so thats good.

Im assuming the arch liners i have will work and undertray is the same, both will be replaced later down the line as both have damage or sections cut out from various mods over the years!

If anyone that has gone with the above facelift, let me know any links to any european suppliers you came across or good places to check for in Japan. Currently my searching is only on Nengun.com auctions

So seems like i have found most of the facelift parts locally from subaru delaer and got prices too, I just need to figure out the headlights as im sure they cost a fortune new from Subaru. I'll probably start a seperate facelift conversion thread and post back here when i actually start putting it all together!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Well, when you ship anything in the size of a bumper, dimensional weight is what causes the shipping to be higher than the item itself. Think about the size of the box that has to be flown over. Even on the boat its pretty expensive cause you have to pay customs fees and brokerage.