LegacyGT.com

94 Legacy CEL code 35?

Paradiso

My son took his 94 legacy wagon to subaru dealer to pull codes. They told him codes were 35 - O2 sensor and 32 - CPC system (??)

What's CPC?

Is code 35 front or rear O2 sensor?

Thanks in advance for any help.

John

Alrighty, the O2 sensor will have to be replaced because the 32 code is saying that the circuit is open. When I say open, I mean it is stuck in its open loop mode for when the car is cold (after you just started the car for about 2 minutes) where, if you measure the voltage across the signal wire and the ground wire you'll get a steady .1-.2 voltage signal. This should then switch into its closed loop form where the voltage would fluctuate between .1-.9 volts (its kinda cool, at .1 volts its running with a high oxygen, lean mixture and at .9 its running with a low oxygen, rich mixture).

Most likely what has happened is either the sensor is remaining in the open loop position, or it is taking a long time to switch into the closed loop mode. You'll have to replace the sensor.

** Tip on O2 sensor removal, drive the car around a bit so the threads on the sensor are warm and not a bitch to unscrew. Granted now you have to be careful not to burn yourself on the exhaust :D

Gimmie a bit more time on the code 35 (Purge control solenoid valve), I' hungry and need to make something to eat :D

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Doesnt say which, but do you have access to a voltmeter? My guess would be the one in the cat after the headers, but if you have access to a voltmeter and want to have some fun under the car, then you can test them

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Archived