LegacyGT.com

Which Coilovers to go for?

Hi there,

Woohoo my 3rd post on this site and it's 5am ET hafta go to work in 4 hrs.. can't sleep lol...

My current suspension setup is Bilstein with Pink springs, the ride quality is close to stock i guess... Is there such a coilover out there that feels just as nice as this current setup but is in a Coilover set?

ie: ISC Comfort series any good compare to my current setup.. any other brands you guys might be able to suggest? BC BR Racing Coilovers? Tein Comfort Series?

Reason i want to change to Coilovers is because i'm currently running 18s and there's still a bit of unwanted gap...

Any suggestions?

thanks in advance,

555LGT

Short answer is, nothing will ever feel exactly like stock, because if the ride height changes there has to be something given up somewhere. Can't be bouncing around at low height without shoving your wheel into the fender.

That said, I got my ISC comforts on friday, and they feel pretty good. I'm still playing with the dampening to see what works best between comfort and practicality, but I'm very satisfied so far.

Tein conforts will feel just like stock honestly but thats what you pay for. my dad has them on his lexus SC430 and they ride nice and soft. almost to soft for me honestly.

My Cusco Zero2's feel WAY better than stock Bilsteins with Cobb springs. Not sure how that compares to pinks though. The ride isn't as "bouncy" as before and hard bumps don't make me feel like I'm about to chip a tooth. I'd say almost stock comfort, but with a sporty/tight feeling. Not rough by any means.

DanoH5656 - yeah i guess you're right on that... since i've been on this site i've been trying to get everyone's opinion on the ISC Coilovers.. i think IDRVSLOW i saw on some post he's selling them.. umm... maybe i'll keep the setup for now and decide next year... i wanna do a road trip to pick them up and probablly install too.. ;) it'll be a fun road trip.. and plus save some custom duty fees too..

Biggu - funny you say that about the TEIN CS lol.. my friend with a SC400 has them.. and i've rode in it.. but that's a big car.. hard to compare... but i guess the ride is exceptable since the leather cushion defintely cushions the harshness... on my old ITR i had sparco torinos and Function Form 2 coilovers on the medium setting... my back was aching.. lol.. getting old i guess..

thanks everyone for their opinions.. i welcome more... ;)

You may want to check out racecomp engineering tarmac 1's. I've been eyeing them as the next upgrade :D

Ooo those are dirrrty ;), and a bit overkill for me.. lol.. very pricey lol i'll just do a little bit of more research... right now i'm running XXR 006 18x8 225/40/18 et42... so the wheel gap in the rears are about 1.5 fingers and in the front it's like 3.5 fingers.. current setup ride is very comfortable...

I've recently learned that Megan Coilovers & BC Coilovers are the same... or pretty much came from the same plant.. lol but if i was decide today i would go for the ISC Coilovers...they're within my price range & comfort level.. but i don't have that kinda dough and plus only had the car for 2 mths and already i want to mod the exterior like crazy lol...u know bodykit and stuff.. lol my wideband just came in the mail finally... ordering stuff from the US to Canada takes a bloody month when you cheap out on the mailing rates lol..

There is a thread on the BC's somewhere. They may come out of the same factory but are NOT the same specs. BC are supposedly excellent value. I was thinking about them, but the "acceptable" for a budget comfort ride has a stigma that they are a little jarring. I'd love some more feedback, as I really don't like kidney killing :lol:

There may be some used sets on the forums occasionally.

There is a thread on the BC's somewhere. They may come out of the same factory but are NOT the same specs. BC are supposedly excellent value. I was thinking about them, but the "acceptable" for a budget comfort ride has a stigma that they are a little jarring. I'd love some more feedback, as I really don't like kidney killing :lol:

There may be some used sets on the forums occasionally.

Yeah definitely.. i like to keep my internal organs intact.. also don't want my windshield to crack either.. i would like to replace mine since the windshield is so pitted, previous owner did a lot of highway driving that it always looks dirty.. lol... yeah have to keep looking for some deals.. not getting any younger lol..

Archived