LegacyGT.com

Power Steering Rack Bushings

I ordered a set of "kevlar reinforced polyurethane" steering rack bushings off Ebay this week, they're here:

IMG_0377.jpg

One side is a little rough:

IMG_0378.JPG

The mating surfaces seem to be fine, though. They were $29 shipped and made in USA. I'll let you know how they fit after the weekend. Since I was replacing the rack with a rebuilt unit, I figured what the heck.

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

Hmm... I'm really curious where those go on the '05's steering rack. I recently installed the AVO (or whiteline? don't remember) poly bushings on my existing steering rack and they looked NOTHING like that... I can't even imagine where those would go?!? Unless the rebuilt rack is different...

Like I said, just curious...

Yes, the square one is quite resistant to persuasion. I had helped out a "on the car swap" on a wrx a while back. I think there was cursing in three languages.

Since I had the rack out for replacement, Figured this time might go easier. Still was kinda a pain. They fit, not perfect but the fit. Maybe they would go easier on an Impreza? Any way they are in and cost about the same a oem ones from subaru.

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

No, these are for my 93 legacy project wagon. The 05+ ones are different. These fit first generation leggys and a few gens of imprezas.

Ahh.. I see. I just saw the car in your info was an 05.. learn something new every day

Archived