LegacyGT.com

What can be done about the 08 front?

subiekid

I'm thinking of getting an 08 Legacy, either a Spec B or a GT limited. The only thing I don't like about the new Legacy is the front end. I really hate the fog light housing with the silver ring. Is there anything that can be done to help the front end look? Maybe a JDM bumper?

For those that don't know me, I have a 95 Legacy with an ej22T and a TEC 3 ecu, as well as a 98 Legacy GT.

Thanks

The bumper looks almost identical to JDM bumper when it comes to 08+ Legacy.

It is the grill and the yellow reflective plastic in headlight housing that makes the front end different from JDM.

If you change the stock grill to JDM or DIY grill, the front end looks very similar to JDM Legacy.

I had an 07 LGT before getting the 08 Spec B.. I loved the fogs and look of the 07 and hate the 08. The silver rings looks terrible especially on the DGM color.

Why would they downgrade from projector fogs to whatever it is the 08 comes with?

OP: If you want some pics, go through this whole thread and you'll find a ton of stuff.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80534&highlight=2008+visual+mods

First few pages has a JDM front end conversion somewhere, also blacked out headlights

You'll find some of people who painted their grills or meshed them DIY style.

People who painted the fog "rings"

You'll find my pics near the end with my new hood scoop

Also search for the OFFICIAL QSM THREAD, there are some other pics in there you may be interested in too.

Hope that helps. :)

Interesting, subaru.com, under 2008 Legacy 2.5GT SpecB, Features, Exterior, says "projector-beam fog lights" as well as "projector-beam low beams and multi-reflector high beams". I guess they painted the fog light surround silver to distract from the removal of projector-beam fogs.

Our 08 OB does not have projector-beam fogs, just the insanely huge traditional fogs.

Thanks everyone, I have been looking through the picture forum for the past few days and found a few cars that I really like, but I think they were all 05/06.

I found this car on the Nasioc Modified Legacy thread. Does anyone know what year and front end it has and the name of the color? I PMed the user that posted it but they have not responded.

http://www.mcnproductions.com/lgt/exterior/lgt20.jpg

I too hated the silver foglight inserts and this is what I did to mine. I had them painted a semi gloss black and left the outter ring silver so it looks more like a trim ring.

http://cycle-planet.com/chris/MyB1.jpg

'06 spec.B (Titanium Silver Metallic) with a JDM spec.B front end and STI front lip and STI front lip rubber "skirt" (under the lip).

Maybe I will just look for an 06 LGT in that color and then do a JDM front end.

As far as my 95, I will be keeping it and getting rid of the 98. My 95 has had a few problems, I am thinking about doing a full STI swap with it. It has a TEC 3 ecu, but the county is looking at emissions so I won't pass unless I have a working OBD II ecu. I just graduated from college and will be starting as a CPA so I need a reliable nice looking car.

Your should just buy the 491whp one for sale. Its a Black 2007

Link?

I am kind of leaning towards an auto at this point, my left knee is in bad shape from years of running and competition.

psi365, that looks better, but I would probably get the entire black housing matched to the car.

Archived