LegacyGT.com

Difference in neutral switch between '05 and later models?

rob

I had my ECU replaced under the fan relay recall on my '05. It turns out now that the cruise no longer functions, however no CEL is shown. From what I have read this could be due to differences with changes to the neutral position switch between model years and different ECU ROM versions that follow the change. I have read through the FSMs and didn't see any differences listed in the wiring diagrams or cruise control descriptions.

My question is if there were differences say between '05 and '06/07 and if so, what are the details. I will need to work this out with the dealer, but want as much info as possible.

Thanks,

Rob

As I said, there is no CEL. The cruise turns on and off fine, just will not set. The only change was the ECU swap and a new fan relay.

Do you have any info on any neutral switch changes?

-Rob

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Following up on an old thread; there is a difference between '05 and '06 ECUs. The dealer mistakenly installed an '06 ECU and that was the root of the problem. The ECUs have inverted logic for the neutral switch. This was confirmed by being able to set the cruise with the clutch IN and having it switch off with the clutch out on the '06 ECU.

Also discussed in my post here;

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/new-ecu-now-no-cruise-control-158186.html

-Rob

Archived