LegacyGT.com

Whiteline KTA124 rear toe/camber kit question

wcbjr

Has anyone installed this? The camber arms are quite puzzling. The bushings are too narrow to properly fit into the subframe or the hub. There are washers included to apparently put on the sides of the bushings to effectively act as spacers (I guess). But the washers holes are too small in diameter to fit on one of the factory bolts.
I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

Anyone have any ideas on why Whiteline would require spacers instead of just making the width of the bushings fit the subframe/hub brackets?

The camber arms are the shorter ones shown. You fit the washers directly against each side of the bushings and shove the whole thing inside the brakets to bolt them in. Aside from this small little issue, these are very well made and very beefy. You can get them for much less than what is stated on Whiteline's site.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/wcbjr/thumb.jpg

Not sure if they're still selling them, but Perrin was the rear lower adjustable links (which are a beautiful piece of machined kit IMHO) for a really great price here. I only mention this because I was looking at the WL versions and was not really enamored with the washer-spacer setup.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Hmmm...

I was on Whiteline's website looking for the camber adjusters for the Outback and it only listed the bushing replacement, not an entire link assembly.

The part number I got was KCA399. I can't imagine needing more toe-adjustment than the stock toe links provide. You can get almost a full degree +/- with the stock adjusters. The KCA399 should be sufficient for camber adjustment as well.

Either way, Andrewtech Automotive has the best Whiteline pricing I've found. Just tell them the lowest price you found, and they'll beat it. 240-683-1000

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Not sure if they're still selling them, but Perrin was the rear lower adjustable links (which are a beautiful piece of machined kit IMHO) for a really great price here. I only mention this because I was looking at the WL versions and was not really enamored with the washer-spacer setup.

They are great if you are doing camber only. And I have my set for sale for $75 shipped right now.

Hmmm...

I was on Whiteline's website looking for the camber adjusters for the Outback and it only listed the bushing replacement, not an entire link assembly.

The part number I got was KCA399. I can't imagine needing more toe-adjustment than the stock toe links provide. You can get almost a full degree +/- with the stock adjusters. The KCA399 should be sufficient for camber adjustment as well.

Either way, Andrewtech Automotive has the best Whiteline pricing I've found. Just tell them the lowest price you found, and they'll beat it. 240-683-1000

I'm not sure about Outback's fitment.

My toe is jacked for some strange reason. I've never been hit or in an accident. Not sure why.

G’day everyone,

Wcbjr, a bit late but not sure if you got a the fitting instructions with the original KTA124 kit showing the fitment of the washers etc, have attached a copy just in case. To answer the original question, the washers are there to help the camber arms (short ones) pivot relative to the mounting surfaces.

Now, as for the hole sizes, it seems that we've since discovered some batches of product with a 12mm hole rather than 12.4mm to suit a 12 mm clearance. We'd be happy to send you out a replacement correct set of washers direct ASAP if you're happy to contact us at support@whiteline.com.au . Alternatively, and no obligation here implied, you can put the stack of washers in a vice and run a 1/2" drill through them to open up to 12.6mm equivalent for clearance.

Let us know you're preferred option, hope that helps and thanks for your patience

Cheers

Whiteline Jim

www.whiteline.com.au

Z5001_KTA124.pdf

Thanks for the post. That is the third time I have received the instructions. Lol. I just wanted to know why the washers were there since the design is not the same as stock. And the washers have been dremmeled out.

Nothing is wrong with them. I actually prefer them over the Whitelines. But I got the toe arms that came with the camber arms from Whiteline. So I wanted matching pieces.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130169

I don't mind a rough ride in a car. So I prefer spherical bushings over poly. And bad weather/salt in Texas isn't an issue. My main issue with the camber arms was the chosen design over stock. Why the need for washers? Why extend the bushing all the way to the bracket, why not leave it convex like the stocker? Was there a purpose to that?

G'day there,

I understand, sphericals are a lot easier to engineer in these applications if NVH is not an issue.

The bush design has to do with the properties of the material and dynamic behaviour. Basically, in order to get some compliance (because that's our core market, serious enthusiast to weekend racer) coupled with control, we opted for this design.

I'm told the washers help with unhindered rotational movement and the uniform contact face works to help maintain better fore and aft location. The metal mating surfaces of the mounting yoke might otherwise bite into the bush.

Anyway, will check out the other link, very appreciate your feedback, will pass on to the tech guys.

Cheers

Whiteline Jim

jim@whiteline.com.au

• 1 month later...
G’day everyone,

Wcbjr, a bit late but not sure if you got a the fitting instructions with the original KTA124 kit showing the fitment of the washers etc, have attached a copy just in case. To answer the original question, the washers are there to help the camber arms (short ones) pivot relative to the mounting surfaces.

Now, as for the hole sizes, it seems that we've since discovered some batches of product with a 12mm hole rather than 12.4mm to suit a 12 mm clearance. We'd be happy to send you out a replacement correct set of washers direct ASAP if you're happy to contact us at support@whiteline.com.au . Alternatively, and no obligation here implied, you can put the stack of washers in a vice and run a 1/2" drill through them to open up to 12.6mm equivalent for clearance.

Let us know you're preferred option, hope that helps and thanks for your patience

Cheers

Whiteline Jim

www.whiteline.com.au

Do or can you sell the rear toe adjusters separately??

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Yes, it is definitely a cost issue. There are very limited toe options. Camber arms or bolts are cheap from other vendors. So your toe arms and their cambers arms would be magical.

Oh and by the way, your toe/camber kit is definitely a great product now that I accept the design of it. The rear is planted as planted can be. I need a front sway because that is now the limiting factor. There was so much slop in the rear beforehand that it matched the sway on the front.

Archived