LegacyGT.com

1998 Legacy GT Aftermnarket body panels

So I just got my 1998 Legacy GT and I am looking for a slightly larger wing compared to stock. Also looking to give it an overall more aggressive style. I am pretty good on the workings of subarus, But it seems the 2nd gen does not have nearly the aftermarket as a 4th gen. I also added a picture of it the day I brought it home

XZbxm76.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
it seems the 2nd gen does not have nearly the aftermarket as a 4th gen.

Try owning a wagon. Longer wheelbase means literally NO direct bolt-on aftermarket exhaust is made for it. It's heavier so Outback and Fozzy shocks/springs are the only option for lifting it, unless you have an Outback already, then you're pretty much screwed.

It's been a task to find good aftermarket support for it. I find most Impreza parts are direct bolt on, except for body panels and interior.

Lowering the 2nd gen isn't hard, but lifting it is. Everyone tells you to use Outback parts to get more lift, but I already own the Outback model, so that rules everything out that I can find on the forums of getting any noticeable lift out of it.

I'm just going to start fabricating my own parts for it once I move and I have work area to do things with.

I'm going to do a little more research on these. They claim another 1.3" of lift on the Forester, which I know stock SG5 Forester struts and springs will give me another inch over stock Outback. SG5 struts are direct bolt-on to the second gen Legacy/Outback

http://oppositelock.kinja.com/subaru-strut-swap-forester-struts-on-a-bg-outback-1560214106

Archived