LegacyGT.com

Parts from other models/years that fit our 5th gen.

Any other brake components which will work - specifically, is there a master cylinder brace which works, or stainless brake lines? (I was looking on the StopTech site and saw they have a set for the 08 LGT, are the brakes similar?)

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any other brake components which will work - specifically, is there a master cylinder brace which works, or stainless brake lines? (I was looking on the StopTech site and saw they have a set for the 08 LGT, are the brakes similar?)

I think it's Goodridge that makes a set for the 2010 LGT. Check on TireRack I know they carry them. I don't think anyones tried to see if a Grimmspeed or any other brand master cylinder brace would work on one of these cars.

I think it's Goodridge that makes a set for the 2010 LGT. Check on TireRack I know they carry them. I don't think anyones tried to see if a Grimmspeed or any other brand master cylinder brace would work on one of these cars.

Grimmspeed tried to test fit an MCB and we're missing some of the mount locations they expected to have available. No idea if they're going to try and finagle something anyway, perhaps using the top hat bolts.

Grimmspeed tried to test fit an MCB and we're missing some of the mount locations they expected to have available. No idea if they're going to try and finagle something anyway, perhaps using the top hat bolts.

I emailed GrimmSpeed....they do plan on making this adapter for the 5th gen, but they aren't there yet. It might not be a bad idea to express your interest in the group buy section.

The incorrect kit came with a single line for the front and two for the rear. The 5th Gen does not have a coupler or the small hard line for the SS lines to connect with.

So the fronts are good, the rears are incorrect!!

from post 7: "The rear is basically the same thing as the front, only there is no bolt that holds the brake line to the shock body, instead, the brake line is coupled with a small hard line in between the two which is held with along the control arm."

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/install-techna-fit-stainless-steel-brake-lines-22401p6.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Guessing the distance is different and the bolt pattern is the same. Looked real quick on the GTSpec site to verify the part numbers differ.

edit: fahr - side indicates the bolt pattern differs as well.

Edited by minuccims

alright so i guess i will be the guinea pig, ill check if the seller on ebay will take some measurements for me so i can see if it will work.

will someone at least tell me what it does??

OK, so no one has still physically tried to fit the older strut bars, we only know that the part numbers differ on the GTSpec site.

Thanks,

C.H.

The bolt patterns for the tophats are different on the BR/BM. No idea about the tower to tower distance.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

• 3 months later...