LegacyGT.com

Possible VF52

Hello all, I have an 05 LGT and am doing some upgrades. I have full engine back exhaust, K&N Intake, Cobb AP Stage 2+ tune. I was looking to possibly getting a VF52 turbo, has anyone heard of JM-GSP turbos? Or should I try to get a used Subaru 52? With all that being said what other upgrades if any should I do for this upgrade? Thanks for all of the help!

They look like an aftermarket company that makes clones . I would stay away from them. You could always get your stock turbo rebuilt to push almost like a vf52.

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

I would contact JmP on here as he prevented me from buying a few questionable 52's before I got a good one to send to him. Your best bet on used turbos is try to find one you can put hands on before purchasing. Both my turbos I got from here were hand inspected before I paid for them.

How many miles, you still running banjo bolt filters, and stock catted up pipe?

PM JmP thru his thread here, he's our go to guy for turbo's.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/idea-web-links-saved-various-parts-219238.html

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Is this what we are looking at Beatenlegacy95?

http://www.jmturbo.com/component/eshop/subaru/subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-vf52-turbocharger.html

Looks mad etch-a-sketch the way the holes are off center a bit.

You want to see markings boasting this is a VF52 where the one on the link just says "JM". I'll post mine when it comes back today. Sending him a PM is free.

If we haven't already made it clear JmP6889928 =/= JM Turbo.

• Moderators
if your looking for a 52, why not pick up my used BNR 16g, and have it custom built by JMP, itll beet out a stock 52 and you will have spent minimal.

Because your used 16g that needs a refresh is absurdly priced for a blown turbo?

:hide:

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Q: What is the difference between this and a OEM IHI turbo?

A: Big air flow difference. So much that I had to instal a external wastegate. Much more powerful.

Wait, what?

Sent from my iFail using Tapatalk App

I'm running one of JmP's custom upgraded VF40's, I haven't had any issues with it, and the thing pulls pretty hard through the powerband.

Just hit 10k on the engine and turbo yesterday.

I think you will be very happy having him upgrade a 52 for you.

Super guy to deal with! good luck

Because your used 16g that needs a refresh is absurdly priced for a blown turbo?

:hide:

$250 for a 16g that still boosts hard and solid. that has 40k on her with 0 shaft play in any direction

Turbo has not been inspected, she just started to use oil upon her removal

so 250 plus a custom rebuild of approx 400, gets you a custom 16 for 750-800

show me a better priced option, for a 16g unit,

sorry the amazon link was the one i was looking at, looks just as sketchy. i will talk to JMP later today.

Yeah you want a legit housing and data plate. That quote was from the site.

Just got my JmP 52 in

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/LGT/D1850C9F-1AF1-4B60-B80F-D5D677CBC45F_zpswjpl9ppy.jpg

Sent from my iFail using Tapatalk App

• 1 month later...

Archived