LegacyGT.com

5EAT Ask your Questions!?!

Strategic good advise !

What is the kind of gearbox tech for a 2005 Legacy 3.0 ? CVT; Torque converter with Planetary gears train or maybe a mecanic robotised but I guess it won't need ATF so it must not be a robotised ?

I often read "Prodrive" is it just for the ones with shift palet on wheel or another tech ( what it is ? ) used on all the 5EAT ?

Thanks by advance

Edited by ben64

3.0R has the same automatic as the turbo 2.5. It is most definitely NOT a CVT. Also stuffed in the Tribeca and all other 5-speed automatics from that time.

Working from memory here, Prodrive was responsible for programming the manual shifting logic into the TCU.

I do not understand your statement when you say "I guess it won't need ATF so it must not be a robotised". Yes, it most definitely uses ATF which you should change as needed.

I love the 4EAT and 5EAT. But never did a lot of work on the 4EAT. The below vids shows how the 5EAT behaves when you make changes to the ECU (not the TCM/TCU).

The below video playlist is not meant for sales purposes:-

I noticed that when i got tuned for stage 2 it my legacy began shifting faster.

Would it be because of increased line pressure causing it to shift faster?

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

is this light ALWAYS on???? it always lights up on my ride thou............ HELPPPPPPPPPPPP

and where is the SHIFT LOCK RELEASE button?

That light only is supposed to come on when you push the gear selector side ways when in drive. Is the light flashing by chance?

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

Anyone using Shell's Spirax S5 X ATF in their 5EATs?????? It's Shell's new Multi-Vehicle ATF. It does states suitable for Subaru ATF-HP..........:confused:

If it says it is compatible with Subaru ATF-HP, that's all you need to check to be sure you can use it.

What light are you talking about that stays always on?

If it says it is compatible with Subaru ATF-HP, that's all you need to check to be sure you can use it.

What light are you talking about that stays always on?

SPORT green light...

....rgding ATF.......i thought we are not suppose to use any MULTI-VEHICLE ATFs for our Legacy 5EATs?:confused:

Okay, besides the Sport light, is there also a green dot lit up next to the letter D on the dashboard? What position is your lever? Are you SURE it's not in Sports mode? Can you move the lever up and down to manually change gears, or do you first have to slide it over in order to be able to?

Regarding fluid, there is no such rule to prevent you from using multi-vehicle transmission fluid. All that matters is that it specifically meets the Subaru ATF-HP spec.