LegacyGT.com

[How-To] Clutch Damper Valve Delete

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/mtl-100951

This is the Motul product I am considering. I plan to use it in the brake system for sure. I'm Just curious if it being dot 5.1 and specific for ABS, will it work fine in the clutch hydraulics like any off the shelf dot 4 synthetic? Motul RFB 600 dot 4 is just a little over board for street applications and it's way to expensive for a DD.

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/mtl-100951

This is the Motul product I am considering. I plan to use it in the brake system for sure. I'm Just curious if it being dot 5.1 and specific for ABS, will it work fine in the clutch hydraulics like any off the shelf dot 4 synthetic? Motul RFB 600 dot 4 is just a little over board for street applications and it's way to expensive for a DD.

For the clutch, seriously, something like Castrol Dot4 is plenty. If you want to do Motul RF600 or ATE Type200 it seems like overkill but would work fine. There is no reason you need a high boiling point fluid like the 5.1.

plus DOT 5+ fluid is silicone based and does not absorb water, whcih could cause corrosion or frozen parts. It is not approved for use in your clutch or brake system for a DD.

Read your user manual. DOT 3 or DOT 4.

For your clutch.. who cares: Put dollar-store brake fluid in it and it will be just as good.

No internet points are had by putting expensive fluid in your clutch lines. Any DOT 4 (synthetic) will maybe reduce low temp thickening and its cheap.

Cleans up alotta slop when shifting. You get a better feel of when you are in gear vs with the mushy OEM rubber shifter bushing. For me, I think the shifter bushing mod has the best cost/ benefit ratio

ill have to look into this and the sts after i do the valve delete. just got my cbe in today and my front lip comes in a week so now to think more engine and trans and the suspension.

I really hate my clutch and having done this delete a month or so, I still get really bad vibrations/ chatter when I'm stopped going into 1st gear. It's always 50/50 whether it'll be uneventful or the whole car shakes.

A Clutchmaster fx350 btw. Dont know if I want to swap it now (installed by prev. owner a year ago) or wait till it wears out.

plus DOT 5+ fluid is silicone based and does not absorb water, whcih could cause corrosion or frozen parts. It is not approved for use in your clutch or brake system for a DD.

Read your user manual. DOT 3 or DOT 4.

For your clutch.. who cares: Put dollar-store brake fluid in it and it will be just as good.

No internet points are had by putting expensive fluid in your clutch lines. Any DOT 4 (synthetic) will maybe reduce low temp thickening and its cheap.

The probelems with water is what I'm looking for. The fluid was mentioned by someone for the brakes because of the ABS sticker on it. I just wanted to see if anyone had experienced issues with it. I have a liter of both Castrol and Penzoil. ones in the old pickup at all times so I'm all for it. As for the for the fan boy I'm Amsoil all the way!

There's a pretty simple solution: leave the cap on the reservoir :p

In all seriousness, though, pretty much all brake fluid is hygroscopic, so as long as you don't go WAY out of your way to create a problem, you shouldn't have a problem. If you're concerned, you could probably flush it when you do your brake fluid (or sooner, if it starts looking discolored and you're feeling ambitious).

Well both reservoirs are black so I'm assuming 81k miles of who knows what is in them. Which also makes me curious as to if the brakes have ever been bled properly or has it just been a "pad slap". But I came to research stiffness...... in a clutch pedal dampener bypass setup that is.

And using fluid from a bottle thats been open (unsealed) for a long time, is not a good thing. Buy new.

That's the plan, the "old" bottle in the truck is maybe 1/4 left and barely a year old.... yeah the Ole B-4000 uses the sh*t outta it. Of course theres rusty unions and lines all over her but she's one hella trooper that's for sure. As for the Motul it was recommended by a friend whom drives a JDM swp Prelude-R. We were discussing the bypass install/ brake flush day I'm planning in the near future and he recommended the Motul product because "that's what's in the honda".

Well both reservoirs are black so I'm assuming 81k miles of who knows what is in them. Which also makes me curious as to if the brakes have ever been bled properly or has it just been a "pad slap". But I came to research stiffness...... in a clutch pedal dampener bypass setup that is.

Flush that sh!t outta there, and soon. :eek:

Put Motul or OTS auto store brand DOT4 in for the clutch, it's not gonna matter and either would be an improvement if the sh!t that's in there is black. You're overthinking this....