LegacyGT.com

Spec B: blah

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Subaru just doesn't get the wagon love thing. Then again, with only 411 Legacy wagons sold last month, the numbers, from a business standpoint, probably just aren't there.

Mine was $33,500 and the bilstein suspension is a magnificent combination of high speed agility and bump-elimination. The engine and tranny, well, you know if you got a LGT.... The combination of lusterful silver-platinum metalic spec and brick red leather interior throughout is to die-for, (the 07 will have partial leather seats and a wannabe I-Drive lookin' "slow-down knob"..... The wheels are perhaps the nicest non-aftermarket rims I've ever laid eyes on, and the combination of a stick and a NAV (you'd hate it unless you had it) is priceless!

The only rip-off from Subaru I could think of is the lack of a sport model non-limited GT (since they took it away in (05)....

I suppose I'm throwing myself in the fire here.....

oh well,

DC

Guest *Jedimaster*
Speculum B was a waste for 06- 07 looks better, but still no wagon and a few other things, like more power need to be added.

I'd like to update in 08 but if SOA stays it's current direction with the wagon. I will have to either go to a Magnum SRT8 or bite the bullet & go back to Audi:(

Are you listening SOA?

Easy come........Easy go:rolleyes:

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Then don't buy it.

[/thread]

i didn't buy it you CRACKWHORE!!!:lol:

Just saying how it leaves much desired as an "upgraded model"

Why cant the regular models get the nav?

Why are the wheels only 7 inches wide?

It's Subaru's falt there is no wagon. Blame that on SOA. Everywhere else gets a spec B/STI wagon, as well as a 3.0r 6spd.

Anyone else think this is stupid? Can we get a real performance car. I like the spec B, but its not really worth paying 4000 more than a LGT to me.

That is all.

Agreed.

Considering the resources availible to them, Subaru would have to do nothing more than put the STI engine setup on our 2.5 to roll out a Spec B rated at 300 horsepower.

This would get some attention.

If SOA put a better engine in there I'm sure the price difference would be a lot more than just $4000. Then people would start complaining about the price. :lol:

You hit it right on the head man...........it's all about compromise

Thats about what I put into my SpecB.......:icon_bigg

No one can complain about mine Or Creo's pimp SpecB by these standards then......... his is SICK.......:lol:

I don't understand these posts. People on this board complained frequently about a lack of "upgrades" on the '06 Spec B, and pointed them all in the direction of SOA. SOA in return drops a 6 speed in the '07, gives an aux port for the iPod or whatever, gives STi type seats (for the million people who didn't like the red for some reason) with memory, extra suspension compontents, etc. Yet, everybody still complains. The car gets crap gas mileage as it is, Subaru would have a hell of a time adding more power to the car and still selling it. Get an accessport and you basically have everything you asked for from subaru, for only a few thousand more than the 5spd, no navigation, no bilstein, LGT.

Anyone else think this is stupid? Can we get a real performance car. I like the spec B, but its not really worth paying 4000 more than a LGT to me.

That is all.

Aluminum lower control arms, bilstein shocks.....

What do you want? In the aftermarket, those parts would cost quite a bit. Plus you get that beautiful red interior and the navigation.

Sounds like a good deal to me.

As with everything Subaru does the Spec.B could be a little tighter, a little sharper. The problem is we're not the dempgraphic that pays the bills. We are the lunatic fringe and Subaru has given us one hell of a compromise. I've seen the 07 in person (though I haven't driven it) and can say that its interior is nicer than the Acuras sitting in my showroom, the LGT already smokes the TL and flat out embarasses the RL, TSX and RSX. What more do we really need? An STI motor will require a whole slew of testing and recertification of the vehicle, I, for one, am very please with what we've been given. Besides, the 2015 Legacy will have eleventy-billion monkey power and self levitate so why should we care about the 07 ;)

Dont blame Subaru.

Blame the American Car builders. They dumbed down the car economy with there crappy cars, so in turn, the Japanese follow suit.

True... Most car buyers want something that's soft, cushy, comfortable, has 24 cup holders, and isolates them from the road so they can focus on more important things... such as talking on the cell phone, drinking their latte, reading, applying makeup, etc.

As a result, the American enthusiast crowd is always small in number relative to the average consumer.

Archived