LegacyGT.com

Stereo Help! 09 Legacy

boostedcuda

I just purchased a used 2009 Legacy and the stereo sounds terrible. It has the Harman Kardon system in it and on the expressway with the windows down I have to crank it all the way up to 30 to hear it There is no base what so ever and the highs are not really there either.

I have played with the settings and checked the fade&balance to make sure all the speakers are working. They all work, no rattles or buzz, just weak sound. Is this normal? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am very disappointed. :confused:

I put the factory HK's in my LGT and it sounds way better than our LGT facotry(2006). One thing that you might want to look at is a new deck. It frees up a ton of bass and allows you to add a sub that would actually be clean(I put the the HK, and its OK, for road trips with the wife) Otherwise I have an infinity in the back when we are not on long road trips or not putting something overly large in the trunk. Its expensive but look at the link, (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/dual-hvac-double-din-kit-now-working-113589.html) Its a really good starting point.

Archived