LegacyGT.com

Get low, get low, get low, get low.

(Title in the voice of lil jon.)

Finished putting the WRX struts in today.

I bought them with Tanabe springs installed already.

Dont mind the dirty car....

Before:

http://i47.tinypic.com/vesx12.jpg

After:

http://i47.tinypic.com/2nw311i.jpg

Im pretty happy with it so far, although i think i need to roll my front fenders. Rubbed a few times on my test drive.

beautiful car

Thank you. :)

Ahh. Thats it. The stock springs should be fine then. Car looks good though! How hard was it to do? Did everything just bolt right up?

It was pretty easy to tell you the truth. Only thing that was different was how the brake line attached to the strut itself. I just jammed the retainer that held it onto the original strut onto the new strut.

Also, i had no clue how much of a pain in the ass it is to get to the rear struts.

Didn't think i would have to take the rear seat out to get to the nuts. :spin:

HAHAHAHA!!!! My girl just leaned over my shoulder, read your last post, and said "I HATE when I have to take your back seat out to get to your nuts, babe!" Wow. Gotta love a subbie chick!! Anyways, yea sounds like this will be the way to go for me. And should be easier, since ive got a wagon.

Easier - yes, results are more uncertain though. Legacy wagons have much higher rear spring rate than fornt, and slapping sedan springs will mostly likely cause a saggy back.

No, I'd most likely try to find the sti wagon/hatch struts and springs. If not, maybe at least the correct springs. Idk. Thats a good point. Damn...

sti hatch? Thats 08+, and I might be wrong, but I think they have different suspension design in the rear. Won't fit BG/BK. When I had a BK I got a set of used JDM GT-B strut/springs off ebay and was pretty happy with those. Shocks were rebuildable too.

Archived