LegacyGT.com

Takeda Cold Air Intake...anyone know about these?

NavigatorsLegacy

Helped put a Takeda intake on my buddy's G37, it didn't fit properly so it took about 5 hours to install 5 HOURS FOR AN INTAKE!, and came with two left elbows instead of a left and a right, so the right mounting bracket wasn't useable. Butt dyno didn't feel any different, and it didn't sound any different than stock. $400 waste of money IMO

I have one on my 370Z and it helped with the sound, but not really the power.

There's a lot of threads on the BMW forums that say the intakes don't do much if any for their cars. Obviously these are not experiences related to subies but..

I would say to stay away from cold air intakes for NA legacys. I've heard that they are unreliable, and I even heard a friend of mine say that they decrease power on NAs :confused:. I think a smarter move would be to get a high air flow intake panel and keep the stock air box, like the 2.5i faq thread says. I have an AVO high air flow intake panel, and from the minute I test drove it after installing it, I noticed a nice power increase. It makes probably as much power as a short ram intake. Much better bang for your buck, in my opinion.

Archived