LegacyGT.com

double din nav in cubby

ticklelgt

Looks real good! Cubby door still close on it?

yeah, look at the pictures, the cubby door is obviously still there and it closes just fine! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

to the op: nice clean install, i like this a lot.

Wow, I didn't know a full double din unit could fit inside the cubby space. I know the opening was wide enough, but didn't think the inside was deep enough.

So do you lose all the functionality of your stock stereo then? Or is it some sort of hybrid system?

there is no cubby door anymore, Kylar was selling the double din cubby pod which I bought http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fs-ct-double-din-cubby-pod-138558.html?t=138558&highlight=double+din+cubby

The model is DNX6160

There was a plastic beam I had to cut inside, so it would be deep enough.

You do lose all functionality with the stock stereo, its basically just a 6 cd changer now, but you need power to it for the climate controls to work. still turns on and everything just no sound.

• 1 year later...

Apologies for the revival, but does anyone know where you can get this double din bezel anymore? I am looking at 7" monitors and this would be an ideal solution to hacking the stock cubby nav bezel.

I have NO interest in the JDM double din console bezel so please don't post those links. I have searched AVO, Rallitek, and everywhere else I can think of and have found nothing.

Thanks,

C.H.

• 2 weeks later...

In for the zombification.

I've got a 7" Galaxy tab and I'm still looking for a fiberglass fabricator to come up with something that fits it a little more flush, so I feel your pain. AVO made a double din bezel like that at one point but I don't think they do anymore.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Archived