LegacyGT.com

new 2007 DRL + HID help!

20lgt06

hey i just picked up a new 2007 lgt and i removed the drl -- unpluged the white connector driverside and installed HIDs

the highbeams dont work or either the fog lights

does anyone know of this issue on the later models ? ?

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is more then one plug under there I unplugged the wrong one the 1st time i did it.

Im going to check again, thanks for the help, i will take pics under there if there is only one connector, if so subaru did change things on the the 2007 .

i guess i have to wait for someone to figure out how to hard wire them some how

Okay, there is 1 white plug and when you unplug it, it turns off the DRL but hibeam and fogs dont work. I had to cut the BROWN wire which disables the low beam drl but the park lights remain on. (Thanks to the previous post )

I didnt want the park lights on so i tested the wires and cut the blue with black strip, which disables the park lights drl.

all is good im happy.

next mod sti front lip and perrin axel back on its way in the mail

yea they do, thats how i drained the battery on the car the first day i got it...at the dealer's lot.

went home and disabled the DRL an hour later. i might try to see if i can get the foglights to act as DRLs now just for safety's sake

Okay, there is 1 white plug and when you unplug it, it turns off the DRL but hibeam and fogs dont work. I had to cut the BROWN wire which disables the low beam drl but the park lights remain on. (Thanks to the previous post )

I didnt want the park lights on so i tested the wires and cut the blue with black strip, which disables the park lights drl.

all is good im happy.

thank you

yea they do, thats how i drained the battery on the car the first day i got it...at the dealer's lot.

went home and disabled the DRL an hour later. i might try to see if i can get the foglights to act as DRLs now just for safety's sake

you sure you didnt leave the parking switch on???:icon_conf

• 3 weeks later...

all is good im happy.

What about DRL indicator on dash? Will it turn OFF if I disable both (headlamp DRL and park lights DRL) or any one of them?

Thanks!

What about DRL indicator on dash? Will it turn OFF if I disable both (headlamp DRL and park lights DRL) or any one of them?

Thanks!

if you cut both wires then yes, if you leave one or the other the drl light will remain on the cluster

• 4 weeks later...
I didn't pay much attention to the wire colors when I was under there...but what connector are the 'wires to be snipped' bundled with?
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson