LegacyGT.com

worth buying ? 04 wrx

Blown transmission he says, second great grinds when he gets of the throttle,

I'm wondering if it's the synchro or second great Itself, I saw online that second gear isbuilt into the main shaft. I would do all the work myself, maybe just swap the tranny, not sure how much they go for

Nice car, maybe not worth 4,800

http://sudbury.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-04-Subaru-WRX-Great-Condition-Needs-new-Transmission-W0QQAdIdZ459876841

The 5 spds have been know to be weak especially if their modded and or beaten on. I would just swap in another trans maybe even the 6spd. The car looks in good condition and the rust on the trunk is better then rust on the quarters. I'd buy it for $4000 if the engine was in good shape and there wasn't any other rust.

Yes definitely check the car out in person or better yet, take it to a repair shop and pay the $100 or so and have it fully inspected. This way they wil have it on a lift and you can get a good look underneath for any oil leaks, blown HG's, suspension issues or how bad it's rusted up. Take a look at the rear quarter panels in the wheel well area and behind the bumper. If its rust free and everything else checks out, besides the trans, then I would buy it. Start off at $3500 and go from there. I wouldn't pay no more then $4000. Seeing the trans is bad and it probably needs a clutch. A performance clutch would be inorder. GL.

I paid 7k for my 03 wrx swapped 99 legacy and I only have 70K on the engine. I would be wary about buying a wrx with 200+kms on the dash as your turbo probably has play and while used td04's are cheap as hell I think you will have more work than just the transmission to deal with before you have a perfect vehicle.

The wrx transmissions aren't that bad, but they do NOT like to be launched.

Archived