LegacyGT.com

4EAT Power Mode

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I swapped the manual mode wire in my buddies (and soon to be mine!) 93 Legacy SS today. DEFINITELY a big difference. Throttle response was better, shifts up and down were quicker and firmer, a muddy hill test confirmed constant 50/50 power split, held rpm's higher in the corners, and it seemed to rev quicker as well. I can't wait to do this to my car and wire in a spare switch I have!

I swapped the manual mode wire in my buddies (and soon to be mine!) 93 Legacy SS today. DEFINITELY a big difference. Throttle response was better, shifts up and down were quicker and firmer, a muddy hill test confirmed constant 50/50 power split, held rpm's higher in the corners, and it seemed to rev quicker as well. I can't wait to do this to my car and wire in a spare switch I have!

Awesome!

How do I remove a pin from a harness (at a junkyard) to add to my harness?

I went to a junk yard and got an old fog light switch + the pigtail on the back. Found two wires that had continuity with the switch on, and open with it off.

Used an old length of what I think is 16g braided wire, and was able to get it into the #4 port on the TCU.

I tested for continuity from there, and it was a go. I connected the switch to be able to open/close my continuity.

I had a spare opening in my dash for the switch, so it looks like it supposed to be there. It now turns my power mode on and off.

Not sure if its worth the trouble, but its a neat little trick. It was more a curiosity for me than anything else.

It does change shift points. I don't push my car too hard anyway, so like I said, just there more for the hell of it than anything else.

i never really noticed a lot of difference in shifting.

the power wire i used for the indicator light is also used for the rear defrost? i think. that was less than perfect choice. some times the indicator light is very dim. i think it activates the rear defrost.

i worry that the positive volts are back feeding in to the TCU, but probably not since electricity takes the path of least resistance.

but other than that, it is great.

i just don't know enough about 12 volt car systems. it is hard for me to comprehend an electrical system where the negative wire is switched.

Archived