LegacyGT.com

High Beams (what are you running)

I am just about ready to install my retrofitted headlights back in the car. Got all the lighting figured out besides high beams. FYI, I will be running a bi xenon setup from TRS.

What's the best useable output bulbs out there as the high beams are 9005. I'm looking at the Narva 65w on Candlepower as of now. Or, should I just use oem bulbs as it won't matter since low beams will act as highs?

I have the non-branded manufacturer version of the VLEDs LMZs (4500lm flavor) and have been using it for a while with good results.

They fit great and give very good hi-beam function, but as with other LED bulbs they don't function correctly in DRL-mode. I've disabled it years ago, but for those who need/like the DRL function of the hi-beams with regular halogen bulbs, this is some caution.

These can be at many color temps from 3000K to 8000K so getting them to match factory or aftermarket HIDs should be easy (5000K, 6000K, etc) or getting a yellow output without painting the reflector (3000K).

Right, but the beam pattern for the low beam hid's will have a cutoff as the high beams have a much broader pattern. Am I overthinking this?

the low beams will have the cutoff but when you flick on high beams the shield disappears and you have the full function of the hid bulb

Ahhh, there's my answer. So the bixenon high beam sticks out past the shield so it gives a broader wider pattern. So really, I don't need to put any bulb in the oem high beam position.

Archived