LegacyGT.com

After Market Struts for 00-04 BH

i am currently running on H&R lowering springs and i am ready to upgrade my struts. I have been looking around and have been only able to find KYB GR-2's for my car. they say that they are better then OEM but they are not really performance. I would like maybe dampining adjustable, like the KYB-AXG's. I was just wondering if there are any other struts for my car, also if i can run impreza struts, the H&R's are impreza springs and i all i had to get for them to work is new top hats. Anyway thanks for you help.

Evan

• 2 weeks later...

Good question. The only other ones that I know of are the bilstein struts from the B4 Spec B, and coilovers (each is $$$).

Has anyone tried using Koni strut inserts on BE/BH setup? The front's shouldn't be a problem (probably can even use the inserts the other subbies use), but the rear multilink may be a problem...

Outside of the KYB-AXG's I haven't found any struts that are adjustable for the BE's. I believe there are a couple of manufacturers that sell coilovers if your interested.

I don't think the imprezza struts can be used on the BE as with previous generations of the Legacy.

Outside of the KYB-AXG's I haven't found any struts that are adjustable for the BE's. I believe there are a couple of manufacturers that sell coilovers if your interested.

I don't think the imprezza struts can be used on the BE as with previous generations of the Legacy.

So KYB make's AGX's for BE/BH cars? That's news to me! I thought they only make GR-2's...Do you have part no's?

they dont make AGX's. i just recently checked to prove my b/f wrong b/c he thought they made AGX's also. it's essentially GR2's or coilovers.

Kenda:dm:

Darn, hopes have been dashed yet again :(. I'll confirm that statement as I also did some looking yesterday for AGX's.

Apparently, there are 5 companies that make coilovers for the BE/BH cars that I have found,

-JIC (seems to be the most widespread)

-Buddy Club

-Zeal ($$$)

-DMS ($$$)

-Some Australian company that I forgot the name of (not Whiteline or Hotbits though).

If anyone else would like to add to the list, it would be much appreciated...

So KYB make's AGX's for BE/BH cars? That's news to me! I thought they only make GR-2's...Do you have part no's?

I think I brain farted..... Sorry about the mislead. GR-2's only.... JIC has some lower end coilovers for good prices. I like the DMS ones....

I think there is a set of Teins for the BE/BH. Of course there is always your knockoff ebay coilovers.

Kenda:dm:

Really? I'll have to double check that too. Usually I go to Teins as they offer the cheapest starter coilvers; It seems they aren't readily available though...migh have to order them from Tein Japan :icon_twis

• 1 month later...

Found some GAB coilovers for the BH wagon!

Owner claims they will work on the BE....

Going for a pretty decent price but I don't know the specs.

eBay Motors: GAB COILOVER JDM SUBARU LEGACY BH 2000-20004 (item 330004095132 end time Jul-10-06 18:23:29 PDT)

I've been following the MRT rally forums and they have some indepth discussions for early Liberty's(our Legacy)

For the BE it looks like they can get adjustable koni inserts for the stock shocks in Austrailia. Hoever, I'm not sure if the Australian shocks are the same as our North American ones.

I have a set of TEIN NAs on my BE. They were on the car when I purchased it, but I know that the front top mounts had to be replaced to use them. Any pre-BE GC/BC/BD top mounts will work just fine, including STI top mounts for those same generations.

The previous owner didn't like the springs it came with, swapped them out with one other set of softer TEINs, then some even softer kg/mm springs. Ride is very nice but it still corners nice as well.

http://legacycentral.org/images/00/airport/06_10_06-002.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I believe you are referring to PEDDERS as the other australian company besides DMS.

We have both the street 40mm (I currently have a demo set available) and the 50mm tarmac setup available. DMS adjustable top mounts or camberplates are also on the shelf ;)

-mark

Archived