LegacyGT.com

Where was my Legacy made?

First off, sorry for asking a question that may have been beaten to death. I tried a google search along with the crappy search function on this site, but yielded no results about the Legacy's original whereabouts.

On to the question... were the 05-09 Legacy's manufactured in Lafayette, IN or Gunma, Japan? I'm assuming in Indiana because there's a sticker on my driver's side door with the outline of Indiana, but you never know. I've seen weirder things before

Thanks in advance!

Many parts are shipped-in, many parts are manufactured on-site, engines are assembled in a separate but proximal engine facility and the whole car is assembled at Subaru's Lafayette, Indiana plant otherwise known as Subaru of Indiana Automotive (SIA), Inc. More info found here
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

apology accepted... Mars, no - sorry. Legacy Sedans and their former Legacy wagons, as well as Outback wagons and their former Outback sedans and the Tribeca are built at SIA
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

The almight SpecB is created spontaneously whenever a Unicorn's mighty horn pierces through Paleides. You can't really say they are "from" anywhere, just as your state of consciousness is not created anywhere.

There is a vortex porthole, however, in Indiana where they come out.

A guy on the motorcycle forum I moderate met a group of us in Seattle for the Seattle bike show and a tour of a private car collection. This guy worked pretty high up in Subaru, at the port, and talked about how the wagon we ordered was shipped in, and talked about how they receive them at the port and ship by rail, and told us how they occassionally lose a vehicle somewhere enroute.

Bu I know the sedan was built in IN, because it was held up for delivery when the majority of trucks were being used to serve the Katrina-affected areas.

Archived