LegacyGT.com

2.5i compared to forester

im lookin to get a used 2.5i soon but im a little worried about the speed. right now im driving a 99 forester l, how much quicker do you think the legacy is compared to the forester. id love to get a gt but im not about to be paying that much for the gas. also how do the aftermarket performance mods look for the 2.5i?

I'd venture to guess that the Legacy 2.5i will probably accelerate the same as your Forester, since it's only a ~10hp difference. I'm not sure about gearing between the two models, though. Best bet would be to go test drive one, and see for yourself. :)

-Mike-

Seat of the pants...my '06 2.5i Legacy is quicker than my wife's '02 Forester. The perception is the same to both my wife and myself. This could be easily influenced by the sound/feel/height difference between the two vehicles, so YMMV. Check the performance numbers recorded by various magazines, if you can find them, to see which is 'faster' would be the most definative way about it. Otherwise you have the option pointed out by CreoSTi, test drive them back to back on the same test loop of your choice.

I too chose the 2.5i for economy reasons. Luckily I don't have to worry about having a daily racer, for that I just jump into my '86 SVO Mustang and don't mind paying $5.20/gal 100 unleaded for the couple thousand miles I put on it each year. :icon_tong

I went to pick up a bike yesterday from the local sports store - the stupid seat doesn't fold down in the sedan so i had to go back and get my Van. if luggage is ever a frequent concern think about the Leggy Wagon or the forester.

<edit> oh well - didn't notice u were driving a wagon already - so you know better probably </edit>

I went to pick up a bike yesterday from the local sports store - the stupid seat doesn't fold down in the sedan so i had to go back and get my Van. if luggage is ever a frequent concern think about the Leggy Wagon or the forester.

<edit> oh well - didn't notice u were driving a wagon already - so you know better probably </edit>

What bike did you get?

i need something with a lower center of gravity

you need a subaru! :lol:

what kind of mileage do you get on your Forester L? have you considered the 2007 LGT (Wagon) with SI-Drive?

This Space For Rent

the forester gets around 25 consistantly but i dont do much highway driving. also its an automatic and i cant stand driving automatic anymore. my next car will deffinatly be a stick. think the 2.5i is worth it or should i go for a lgt? i dont want to be paying premium but if the lgt doesnt get that bad mileage i think it could be worth it

Thats why I traded my wrx sedan in for my forester. No I don't think i'll ever want a sedan again, only wagons.

Archived