LegacyGT.com

Dealer vehicle?

GrendelGT

I am looking at a car purchased at 16k miles. The first for sale entry appears then, so my guess is the dealership used it as a courtesy shuttle of some sort. 1 owner since then, clean carfax, fair price, and low miles. Any thoughts or warnings?

I had my car in for a recall once, and I begged my way into the loaner Spec B. They had it all loaded up with SPT parts, and dealer vinyl... But I advertised the hell out of that thing :) it depends entirely upon the dealer, but if this was a courtesy car: it was most likely very well protected from hooniganism. That's a pretty expensive courtesy car.

It probably wasn't a courtesy car because its a manual transmission; it was more like a dealer executive car. Any sane dealer isn't going to use a higher dollar MT for a handful of M/T LGT and Spec.b as a loaners (or for WRX/STi owners).

Yeah... it's in Mississippi. I'm not, and I need my dealer to buy it first. If it's a total lemon I'll just have to write off my $1,000 deposit. It's good to hear some positive opinions, makes me feel better about the huge risk. On the upshot, 1 owner since then and no real repairs on the Carfax. Meh. I'll risk it.

It's a Spec.B so I'm thinking they didn't let customers abuse it, or any of the kids drive it. If I can wrap the divorce up fast enough I might be able to land it.

If you ask around, you'll find alot of us have these as "Divorce Cars". :lol:

Archived