LegacyGT.com

Backup lights

Quick question on my backup lights.

I have. An 05 XT limited, MT. With backup lights not working.

Bulbs are ok, Backup fuse is ok,

Located the backup (and neutral switch) and tested. I figured if I shorted the wires coming into the switch The lights would come on but they didn't...this surprised me. Also the switch does not appear to close when I test across it.

What am I missing! I would think that shorting the leads would bypass the switch.

Open the hatch in the upper right corner that is a rubber cover around the wires. If you pull that back a bit you'll see the wires inside it.

I just had my buddies body shop fix 4 broken wires there and repair the other ones that were cracked for like $120.00

My rear wiper wasn't working correctly.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I won't start tearing things up, just pull the rubber cover back and check the condition of the wires. If you have broken or cracked wires, then there may be a issue.

When you see the tighness of the area, you'll find a good body shop and have them do the work. My buddies shop is mainly a restoration shop but does all body work the help pay the bills.

When I asked a friend at the parts counter at the Subaru dealer he said they get a few of these cars in a with borken wires in that spot. It's $3-400 to fix it.

If you can, on page 4572 in the 05 service manual is how to remove the back up light.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived