LegacyGT.com

Legacy 2.5I or OBS

King276

i like the legacy interior more, but that can be subjective. the impreza OBS might give you a little more cargo room though since it's a hatch but the new legacy sedans have fold down rear seats too so you can haul a moderate amt of cargo that way. i'm fairly certain they have the same powertrain otherwise.

I believe the OBS is about 200 pounds less than the Legacy. Not sure how much difference that would make in the drive, but the interior is nicer in the Legacy. This would be an easier decision if the prices were substantially different.

well the shorter wheelbase can give the perception of greater nimbleness in the outback/impreza.

i think given the even price it really just boils down to what your automotive/transportation needs are and which platform would suit you best

There is not much aftermarket support for the OBS. If something breaks or wears out, you are stuck with stock parts, unless you want to change the ride height. I just transitioned from an OBS to the legacy GT, and am very happy with the change. I like knowing that if/when something breaks/wears out, I can replace it with something lighter, stronger, more functional. Just some thoughts.

Archived