LegacyGT.com

Thinking about Selling my 05 LLBOB.

Yup as the title says.

this is not really an ad, more of a what do you guys think, etc..

:confused::confused::confused:

Thinking about selling my: [ haven't even gotten my plates yet... ]

2005 LL Bean Legacy/Outback

BSM/GGO

5EAT

Tan Leather Interior

Tinted all around 35% driver passenger. 15% on the rest. [sunroof un-tinted] receipts for lifetime warranty for all tinted windows.

its pretty much stock. the only things ive done to it is put coils but those are going to come off. and do the tint.

Was thinking of putting it on CL for 15k in San Francisco Bay Area.

and picking up an OBXT..

Thoughts?

Pics are with stock suspension.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8115/8623904204_2a2cbae140_b.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8099/8623904110_3ee9765755_b.jpg

Bryan C.

NorCal - SupraLegacy - 05 LGT Wagon 5MT - 15 FXT Premium

If you don't mind the hit you'll take go for it....buyers remorse?

yup.. unfortunately. im happy with it.. just not as happy as i was when i test drove an obxt. lol

Bryan C.

Since this isn't in FS, here goes:

$15k for a 100k mile 9y/o car?

$9-10k tops.

I don't know kbb still lists it in the 14s still despite the mileage and age?

Bryan C.

I don't know kbb still lists it in the 14s still despite the mileage and age?

You can listen to KBB and waste a lot of time selling your car. Check edmunds/ebay for more realistic assessments. Also check NADA, that's what dealers use and it's based on recent auction prices. That one has 12k for dealer retail, I doubt you'd get more than that.

You can listen to KBB and waste a lot of time selling your car. Check edmunds/ebay for more realistic assessments. Also check NADA, that's what dealers use and it's based on recent auction prices. That one has 12k for dealer retail, I doubt you'd get more than that.

even so, I bet he can ask around 13k and get that if he finds the right buyer. The LL bean edition has a pretty good following of higher end family types, not sure why but they think it's fancier just because of the logo haha. Not to mention this particular LLBOB looks super clean! but as I said it's gotta be the right buyer and you might have to wait longer than you're willing to...

even so, I bet he can ask around 13k and get that if he finds the right buyer. The LL bean edition has a pretty good following of higher end family types, not sure why but they think it's fancier just because of the logo haha. Not to mention this particular LLBOB looks super clean! but as I said it's gotta be the right buyer and you might have to wait longer than you're willing to...

I thought about picking up LL Bean OB not even a month ago. What's really at a premium - sub-60k ones and generally 08+ models. There were like 3-4 ebay auctions for 100k ones, and none of them gathered even $10k. So, sure, there might be a buyer who'll pay $13k, but it might take a year waiting for one, and it might be a wasted year.

I'd just keep this car and get something else in addition.

I thought about picking up LL Bean OB not even a month ago. What's really at a premium - sub-60k ones and generally 08+ models. There were like 3-4 ebay auctions for 100k ones, and none of them gathered even $10k. So, sure, there might be a buyer who'll pay $13k, but it might take a year waiting for one, and it might be a wasted year.

I'd just keep this car and get something else in addition.

My additional car is my Mk3 Supra with jdm 2jz undergoing a single turbo build right now so in the future anywhere from 500-700 hp ?

I do live in the Cali sf bay area and cars tend to be more expensive. I'm sure one could pick up a cheaper car in other states...

I dunno. I gotta take my coils off tomorrow then take some pics of it and create an ad for it hopefully.

And the car is very clean. I still haven't even gotten my plates yet. Don't think I could even sell it until I get the plates for it huh?

Bryan C.

Here's an idea (a far-fetched one, but an idea nonetheless): swap in a 6MT with the money you'd lose anyway over buyer's remorse.

I'm highly considering a 6MT swap in my 2004 Outback LLBean. Yours should actually be an even easier swap than mine because you can directly use the Australian 3.0 Spec B transmission control module. Just as long as the wiring is done correctly, you should be able to retain ABS, cruise control, etc.; it'll basically be a factory-quality job. A 6MT swap should cost about $5,000 (rough estimate), and you could probably get back at least $2,000 of that money selling the parts you replaced.

EZ30 + 6MT would be REALLY cool. There is definitely something to be said about the reliability of the bigger N/A engine over the turbo 4-cyl., and it sounds like you're looking for an OB to be your DD because the Supra's already your project (and I doubt you can make an OBXT beat a 500 whp Supra hahaha).

Just some food for thought.

I assume you recently bought your 05 OB, so you obviously know how much you paid for it. If you bought it from a dealer and are going to sell it privately (especially with CL low ballers), you will probably sell it for less than you paid for it.

You may just want to keep the 3.0L Outback. If you get a OBXT, I am guessing you will have a a little bit of mod bug. From my experience, the more effort you put into your DD, the more your project car will be delayed. You might be shocked also how much you end putting into a DD. I had an 85 Supra as daily driver many years ago, I start modifying it as my DD and I ended up putting way to much effort/$ into that car when it was taking away from my 2nd toy car.

@turbolag23 - sounds like a good idea but I really don't want to do anything that big to my Subaru.

@dgoodhue - I do have a little mod bug for the Subaru. But I assure you its won't be enough to affect the progress of my supra. I am really taking my time with the single turbo setup and learning about it. So I'm not really in so much of a rush.

Thanks for the opinions:)

Bryan C.

Archived