LegacyGT.com

04 STI bbs wheels are rare, how much should they cost?

BigBlack-V

So like alot of other guys on here I am looking for a set of 04 BBS wheels from an 04 STI. Since the 04 STI was the only year to have 5x100 I was thinking to myself what should the wheels go for?

How much do they normally cost with or without tires?

Can someone please let me know what they have seen.

Jay

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

I found a set with small rashes (so ive been told) and a set of tires with 75% tread left. I dont need the tires but the guy is insisting on selling the set together. I can prob sell the tires but he is looking for a grand for the set. The nice thing is I have a set of Rota Tarmac II's that he will trade (I am asking $800) plus $200 cash. The wheels I have are mint and have 90% tread tires left.

I think its a good buy I just want to see the wheels in person but he is here in CT which is a good thing. I think its a pretty good deal / trade.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

sounds good. what kind of tires are on there? i might interested in tires if deal goes through

same ones as I am trading to him on my Rota's Bridgestone Potenza RE760 sports 225/45/17 he claims 75% tread left. Yes I would need to sell them if and when I do get them.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

• 2 weeks later...

I found a set one state over for $800 with a set of winter tires (kinda bald though) wheels are mint though. Does $800 sounds like a fair asking price for pretty much just the wheels since the tires are bald?

jay

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

if they are pristine, no curbage/rash and straight...then that is a fair price...try to negotiate some moneyz off cuz you gotta dismount the tires anyways!

yea plus i gotta drive two hours one way to get them. Hopefully he will go for $700 picked up.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

I found a set local to me and the guy took an offer of $850 for just the wheels. He has winter tires on there now Mastercraft Glacier Grip II 225/45/17 with 1-2k miles on them. I threw out an offer of $1,100 for the entire package.

Do you guys think the tires are worth it seeing as I may get 2-3 winters out of them? They are a cheaper tire but already mounted and balanced.

jay

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

I wonder if it would be easier to just change to a 5x114 hub/spindle, whatever they call it. Seems like there would be more options for wheels as well.

its not easy. trust me. it can be done for the front, but there is no bolt on solution for the rear hubs.

So the guy took my offer and I am getting a set of 04 BBS STI wheels this weekend. They are pretty mint and they have Cooper Mastercraft Glacier Grip II tires with 1-2k miles on them. I know the tires arent the greatest but they are pretty beefy and they cost about $100 each new. I am getting the wheels and tires for $1,100 already mounted and balanced.
I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

So like alot of other guys on here I am looking for a set of 04 BBS wheels from an 04 STI. Since the 04 STI was the only year to have 5x100 I was thinking to myself what should the wheels go for?

How much do they normally cost with or without tires?

Can someone please let me know what they have seen.

Jay

nvm, u got the wheels

So the guy took my offer and I am getting a set of 04 BBS STI wheels this weekend. They are pretty mint and they have Cooper Mastercraft Glacier Grip II tires with 1-2k miles on them. I know the tires arent the greatest but they are pretty beefy and they cost about $100 each new. I am getting the wheels and tires for $1,100 already mounted and balanced.

any fitment issue? do you have to do fender roll?

any fitment issue? do you have to do fender roll?

I have the fenders rolled and pulled now. The wheels are not yet on the car so I cant answer the fitment issue. I do however have 18" wheels on the car now with 245 width tires that are slightly rubbing in the rear. I am having this issue looked at next week and hopefully corrected.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

Found a Mint set of Silver ones for $1050shipped on one of the forums.

just for the wheels or wheels and tires? I found my set one town over from me 15 miles. Cant beat that for a commute:cool:

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

Found a Mint set of Silver ones for $1050shipped on one of the forums.

hopefully, I can get u $1300 for a brand new set of wheels only,

but since I have no itrader rating, local pick-up is referred. Boston, MA :spin:, bring cash and get the wheels, silver or gold, your choice :D

edit: dealer quoted $2400 + tax per set

Archived