LegacyGT.com

grr...my car is messing with my head! (clunking)

AWDxBOOST

well the clunking started...completely stock suspension. im about to go under it and check the endlinks etc. Any thoughts? it seems to only happen when i start to move from a stop, or sometimes when slowing down...its not the exhaust hitting or anythign like that

also, my damn driver headlight has condensation in it! ive never touched the headlights and my car doesnt leave the garage 5 days out of the week. I never really drive in the rain either :iam:

For the light, try taking off the weather seal cap in the rear, and running your full headlight compliment for about 10 to 15 minutes to "bake" it out. :)

Afterwards, it'll be good to try to find the exact cause of moisture ingress - but keep in mind that it could simply be due to said cap not having been properly screwed-in in the first place. ;)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

As far as the "Clunking" sound.....

Take it to the dealer....there seems to be an issue with the rear bearings on some cars;)

Iamboon had the same sound....it was fixed once they replaced them under warranty.

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

ya, i ended up just leavin the lights on to dry it out...

as for the clunking, im gonna see if it gets any worse....i moved the exhaust further back on the bushings just to rule that out. i checked out the whole suspension, bushings, sways, endlinks, everything that is attached, but nothing abnormal...

i havent gotten a chance to drive it again yet, so ill let yall know what it is when i find out

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

STILL THERE

i got the whole lower control arm unit replaced now too...so ALL The bushings are new

in fact, its worse then before...still doesnt effect drivability tho...

wtf

so far:

new axle and hub assembly

new strut and bearing plate

new lower control arm assy.

• 4 years later...
How funny, I've been having a similar issue as well. I've looked at everything I can in the front suspension and had my mechanic look twice while the car was in for service and been told both times they can't find anything wrong with the car. I'm running Swift sway bars fr/rr and Bilstein Rev. B struts/springs.

Same thing is happening to me right now. I have upgraded sways and bars though... both rallitek.

I am getting this same noise and I also have Rallitek bars. I have changed out the end links, struts and regreased/tightened everything! I also have the Rallitek springs. Hmmm, I wonder if it has something to do with Rallitek:).

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Same problems here.... Just like you, it only occured when taking off and during somewhat harder braking... Now it just sort of does it all the time.... over bumps, even when just letting off the acceration and coasting.... A consitant "Clunk - clunk - clunk clunk". It's driving me crazy... I didn't find a single thing wrong the last time I had the car up... I'm going to check the subrame bolts and the pitchstop mount like others suggested.

Archived