LegacyGT.com

RBF 600 or ATE Super Blue?

tahoegt

Going with Goodridge SS lines and Carbotech pads but not really sure which fluid to go with. The mechanic has ATE, but a buddy of mine loves the RBF 600. Probably not going to the track, and I live where it's very cold in the winter and hot in the summer with very low humidity. Well?

Honestly, I'd just go to Advance or Autozone and grab some Valvoline. That's what I plan on doing when I put my Goodridge lines on here soon. An EVO buddy of mine has tried them all and prefers OEM or Valvoline synth stuff for street driving. Doesn't seem worth the extra money for the 'racing' spec fluids for a daily driver to me, and I've heard they absorb moisture faster as well. This could be BS of course, I don't know :lol:

+2. We have successfully used Valvoline Synpower even on cars that see a good amount of track time. It is so close in performance to the super high buck stuff that you will never be able to tell the difference. Your wallet will definitely know the difference though.

Sorry to disappoint you guys, but I think Synpower Brake Fluid has been discontinued. I just flushed my system with it but can't find it anymore, and a web search of various other boards indicates Valvoline has discontinued the whole Synpower line.

Sorry :-(

there's nothing bad for running RBF600 at all.. it has a higher wet boiling point, so it will eventually not feel as squishy as time goes on due to the fluid retaining moisture.

When the fluid retains moisture (ie water) and you super heat the water molecules, you end up creating more water vapors, which is more compressable hence the soft pedal feel.

Keefe

I have ATE superblue and I have noticed my brake fade to be less. I do not track the car nor did I change the brake pads at the time of bleeding my brakes. I considered it a noticeable improvement in regards to brake feel during daily driving. I attribute it solely to the fluid.

• 1 year later...
funny just got my car back from my Mechanic, had him do the brakes since I was unable to brake the caliper bolts free (car's from MA) Was having him do brakes/lines/fluid, tranny fluid, oil change and he was busting my balls about the blue brake fluid, yellow tranny fluid in Bathroom cleaner bottles (ExtraS from fredbeans). All I needed was if I still had any of the Green German castrol left.

I have the Motul in my CTS-V (Had to have it put in at a track day)

I have always ran ATE Superblue in our race cars and street car.

Recently moved over to Amsoil Racing Brake Fluid (To give it a try).

Here are my thoughts....

Motul is on par or slightly below the ATE Superblue, not worth the extra $ IMO.

Amsoil Racing Fluid is on par or slightly better than superblue at a price on par with the Superblue.

Conclusion is that we'll be using the Amsoil and ATE Superblue (alternating between the 2) on both our own and our customer's cars.

-mike

Archived