LegacyGT.com

Rom raider + logger see logs and dyno

volodyalysak

I told you something's wrong and based on your logs I can tell I'm probably right. Unfortunately, your logs aren't very useful.

1) I'm assuming this is a stock tune.

2) Even if it's not, something's still not right. Your have very small positive knock control advance (aka Dynamic Advance) which indicates that timing is being pulled.

3) Read this:

http://www.romraider.com/forum/topic5384.html?hilit=injector%20duty%20cycle

4) Log the following please and remove everything else. Also, please make sure Fast Polling is enabled and disable "absolute timestamps" (having timestamps in milliseconds is preferred.)

Boost Error* (psi)

Engine Load (4-Byte)* (g/rev)

Engine Speed (rpm)

Feedback Knock Correction (1-byte)** (degrees)

Fine Learning Knock Correction (1-byte)** (degrees)

Gear (Calculated)* (position)

IAM (1-byte)** (multiplier)

Ignition Total Timing (degrees)

Intake Air Temperature (F)

Knock Sum* (count)

Manifold Relative Pressure (4-byte)*

Mass Airflow (g/s)

Primary Wastegate Duty Cycle (%)

Throttle Opening Angle (%)

I'm asking for a lot of items, but it'll give us a good look at what's going on. Many of those parameters will not show up on your logging list until your laptop is actually connected to the ECU so plug it in first.

5) Do your logs from 2K-redline in 3rd gear. It's hard and you need a long empty stretch of road to do it safely. If you can't get to redline, it's okay, but at least start from 2K and go as high as you can safely go for us.

6) Post a Learning View screenshot.

Ok, so you saying i don't see some parameters because i pre set them without cable plugged in. Will check tomorrow, and post new logs.

It is hard to log from 2k to redline, i was doing like 90+ today at 6500 rpm. Can i do it in second gear ???

Thanks for your help

Not sure about datalogging with mileage. The datalog itself won't hurt but now that I think of it, are you supposed to be taking it easy during break in?

2nd gear isn't good enough, nope, sorry.

Also, I thought your boost was reading low but now that I think of it, you're also at high elevation so that probably explains it I think.

The graph in first post looks really strange. Either you have a boost leak or exhaust leak or you have a turbo that's way too big and don't start to give full boost until you are at redline. Of course - without proper log data from knock sensor etc. it's hard to tell.
453747.png

You're not hitting target boost for a stock tune, you probably have a boost leak somewhere or someone didn't hook something up right from the get-go. Also, knock correction advance is showing you what timing is currently being added to your base timing map based on what your knock correction advance table says. It's tough to predict what it should be without seeing your timing tables but your KCA should be higher- since the lowest KCA on a stock 05 map is 2.11* and zero. So you more than likely have learned knock.

• 3 weeks later...

Got time to day to do some datalogging, dyno looks weird to me. And i need to know hows everything looks.

Car seems to be pooling better today than two weeks, ago, but still feels like turbo is taking way to long to spool. Maybe those datalogs will tell you guys what is going on.

dyno.thumb.png.3edf8b6aa04a9e035da6ba73be0b4b1b.png

romraiderlog_123_20121223_203500(2-6K).csv

900864052_LearningView_SS_12-23-201281858PM.jpg.cb75fb2c485e64be601049d2e6576843.jpg

Are you actually doing a pull from 2K to redline? Because the log shows your throttle only open at 40% at 2K... I'm also not familiar experienced with how boost is affected by elevation so this is new to me personally.

BTW, your LV is crap. Your IAM is at 0.500. Did you reset recently?? Because I don't see any learning in the cells at all. Turn on your DTC reader.

edit: Did you read any of what I asked you to do before? Please review what I wrote and do as I asked. Disable absolute timestamps. Enable fast polling. Log those parameters.

you typically DON'T want to reset the ecu prior to learning view snapshot, resetting the ecu zero's out the tables so we cant see what the ecu has learned and the snapshot is effectively useless. after you reset the ecu the IAM starts at 0.5 and increments up to 1 after gentle driving, usually about a mile or two. Get the iam to 1 then do your pulls. then post a snapshot. if you do have knock, every time you reset the ecu the learned knock correction is erased, thus your car will knock again until the ecu learns to pull timing again. the more you do this, the more the engine experiences knock events. so resetting is not something you should be doing routinely unless you have a learned CEL that was fixed and needs to be cleared.

He has a 5EAT? Did not realize that until I saw your post from the other thread.

Still, if he did a WOT pull from 2K to redline, I don't see why his throttle opening angle would be at 30-40% from 2K-3K8 of his pull and then gradually increase until he finally gets to 100% opening at 4600. :confused: Something doesn't add up here...

I've never seen IAM affect throttle opening angle on my car, only PWGDC. Who knows though...

OP, as ripemeat said, drive around until your IAM reaches 1. You can check that in LV. It'll go to 1 by itself after 1) your car is warmed up (it MUST be warmed up) and 2) you drive around without any knock for a few minutes under some varied throttle.

Once you are back to IAM 1, then go do a pull from 2K-redline using those parameters.

After you do the pull, do another LV. Do not reset your ECU at any point.

If it's still at 0.5 after that long, that's no good and I suggest you start looking at bigger problems to deal with and cease doing WOT pulls or any form of in-boost driving until you figure it out.

Well, i do not experience boost at all, it's taking me a while to get from 40-80

Archived