LegacyGT.com

lgt stoptech rotors and hps brakepads on 2.5i

Lgt caliper brackets?

Yes once you take the caliper off you will see the bracket that was used to attach it to the hub assembly. You must get the LGT brackets along with the calipers. The place or person you are ordering from should have them

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much, I just about ordered a set of rotors in the 11.5 size. Glad I caught it. I had a hard time finding out the correct size though via search.

Will the 11.5 from the limited models still work with OEM calipers or would I need diff. brackets?

Seems strange that they would run bigger rotors on the 2.5i Limited, I wonder why they wouldn't just add them to the base model as well, save a part number or two. Any idea how much brackets are to upgrade to LGT rotors, and is there a good source besides the dealer? I find the brakes kind of weak still, and might look into this when it comes time for new pads/rotors.

Edit: I just spoke with my dealership, LGT brackets are between $84.74 - $97.99 each (there are 2 styles, different production dates). He said that if you use the LGT brackets that you also use LGT brake pads, but retain your 2.5i calipers, can anyone confirm this?

There may be some miscommunication here somewhere. While the I ltd caliper may fit the GT bracket, the gt pads will not fit I caliper.

The shapes are different.

Go to hawks website and you will see what I mean. The D #( Assigned by an industry group) shows compatibilities among various brakes.

In addition, the Gt caliper for the rear is designed for a vented disc, while the I has a solid and much thinner rotor.

Go to the sticky in the brakes forum and what you need to know is there.

O.

Archived