LegacyGT.com

Odd ACC behavior...something a little different this time!

StringFellow

On the way home yesterday evening I had the AC turned on and had both the driver and passenger temps set to 73 degrees. It was working just fine. I turned off the car yesterday evening, not touching the ACC settings.

When I turned on the car this morning I noticed the ACC was still on and set to AC - 73 -73. I decided to turn it off (just hit the Off button) and opened the sunroof. As I was driving I noticed hot air coming out of the vent to the left of the sterring wheel (not the side defrost vent or the center vents). I then turned the ACC back on, turned the temps from 73 to 65, and then turned the ACC off again. Then, the air started coming out of all the vents (normal blow through from driving) as expected.

Why did I have hot air this morning with the the ACC turned off? It was like the system was trying to warm the air becuase it thought the AC was still on.

Am I missing something or is this yet another freaky ACC "feature"? :rolleyes:

I am planning on calling SOA today to complain about the ACC, even if this issue I had was user error (which I doubt).

-S

it thought you wanted your car to be 73 degrees inside. if it was colder then 73... it would need hot air to raise the temperature.

65 means max cold / pure outside air .. depending on who you talk to.

I personally leave the temp to be 67-68 year round. it seems to cover the AC / heat pretty well

it thought you wanted your car to be 73 degrees inside. if it was colder then 73... it would need hot air to raise the temperature.

65 means max cold / pure outside air .. depending on who you talk to.

I personally leave the temp to be 67-68 year round. it seems to cover the AC / heat pretty well

But even when the display is off? I thought if I pushed off it would turn the ACC system totally off, allowing for outside air?

There are SO MANY posts on this topic right now, its sickening. There are certainly some quirks to it, we all realize this.

From what I have seen at least and i am sure others, that it really depends on what the temp is on before you turn it off. Want it to blow cold air instead of hot air, turn it to 65 and vice versa. want no air at all....hit recirculate when its off.

the system being off means that the fan is not actively blowing, but the temp setting will remain.

EXACTLY like a manual system.. off, but if the temp knob is set in the middle, it wil blow warmer air.

it was simply blowing 73 degree air ... picture 65 = full blue 85 = full red. 73 is like setting a manual temp knob in the middle

I just need to beat this dead horse one more time.... :D Yes, I know it is sickening.

If you switch a manual system off, it doesn't blow any air. At least mine don't in either of my cars. off on the vent selector, or off with the fan speed, and the system is completely inactive. Temperature range means nothing when OFF. if off really means off.

If the ACC is off, you can't adjust temperature without turning it back ON! Then it is not OFF!. I would think that pushing the off button on the ACC would turn it off. No temperature, no air, no nothing until you turn it back on to manual or auto or whatever.

Me and my dastardly logic, I know, it is just crazy talk.

It's not blowing air when it's off. It's air being forced through the fresh air intake system. There are a half-dozen threads on this exact issue and it all boils down to the same thing -- change to "recirc" and it won't happen anymore.

Almost every car I've owned has had this exact behavior. It can't be new anymore.

It's not blowing air when it's off. It's air being forced through the fresh air intake system. There are a half-dozen threads on this exact issue and it all boils down to the same thing -- change to "recirc" and it won't happen anymore.

Almost every car I've owned has had this exact behavior. It can't be new anymore.

Exactly IwannaSportSedan!!!! I agree with you 100% on this.....

With the ACC in this car, turning the system off only turns off the fan speed and the ability of the electronics to change the temp. It does nothing else. So in order to turn down the temp of air being forced into the car by driving, you have to turn the system on, turn down the temp (which in turn turns on the AC), and then turn off the system. This puts stress on the AC compressor turning on for a few seconds and then off again.

If the system was decent, it would allow you to manually adject the vent settings with the system turned off. In other words, if you have it off and the air entering the cabin (air being forced by driving) is too warm/cold, you could turn the dials and the vents would change the air entering the cabin. Turning the dial would not do anyting except change the vent settings.

Also, there are times you can't turn on recirc due to fogging of the interior windows!

I wish the OB XT Limited had a manual dual zone climate control system. Dual zone ACC systems will never work until each side has their own compress, fan, and mode selection. Some ACC systems are better than others, but I personally feel they all suck.

-S

• 2 months later...
Hey, did you hear about the Bill Kolb Legacy GTX? I hear it has 300 HP :eek:

Also, I have this AWESOME MP3 head unit, can I install it in the Legacy?

:lol:

man has landed on the Moon?!?!? wow, that's great!

i hear the 2007 Legacy has a 3D holographic climate control display that is operated by mind control. "i think my feet are cold." ..... BLAM! warm air on feet!

Archived