LegacyGT.com

Sent letter to SOA - Re: Dash Rattle

So I wrote a 2 page letter detailing my experiences in trying to get my dash rattle fixed, the 3 dealer visits, lost time, etc. The thing I really wanted to drive home though was that it really hurts non-subaru owner's perception of the quality of the car. I've had several people comment on the fact such an expensive car (relatively speaking) has such a pronounced, unfixable rattle. Kias are more solid sounding than my LGT. My gf was considering a new car so I mentioned Subaru and she was completely turned off because of the way mine rattles. Things like dashboard rattles shouldn't even exist, it drives me insane every time I hear it. I don't know what else can be done to try and fix it. In the end I just asked SOA to make sure new models don't have this problem. If I buy another Subaru and it has a dashboard rattle I'm taking it back. I encourage everyone who is affected by an unfixable rattle to send a note to SOA. Just let them know it's like water torture, it wears you down until one day you snap!

[/:soap_box:]

Yeah, I did the washer nozzle fix and mine still rattles. It only rattles until the car warms up, after that it's gone. I really don't care because I usually have music up on the loud side.

My car was tight as a drum for 20k. These damn roads that pound the shit out of my cars. Every car I ever owned became a rattle trap, Prelude, Accords (2), Altima, 300M, etc. Send a copy of your letter with your next tax bill. For the taxes we pay here in the NE area, we deserve better roads.

• 11 months later...
Not that this will always work, but mine went quiet when I stuck a CD jewel case between the top of the dash and the windshield. I replaced the cd case with a black piece of electrical wire which I pushed in with a putty knife. Barely noticeable and keeps the rattle away.

Man, sorry to hear about your car and the bad luck.

Kias are more solid sounding than my LGT.

:lol:

You must not be around Kias. I refuse to even rent one if when I need a rental car because they are such a huge pile of junk. I see them everyday and thank god I don't have to work on them. People think Subaru's quality is bad and SOA is tough to deal with? Not even close. Try getting a rental from Kia while your car is in for a few days for a warranty repair, Oh they do not cover rentals so the customer has to pay for it.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Wow, with all this talk about rattles I must either be real lucky or my car just doesn't have enough miles on it yet? I've got no rattles at all! I just got my '05 LGT Wagon in October and it only has 13,000 miles on it so far, but this has to be the most rattle free car I've ever owned. I'm sure you don't want to hear this though.

My previous Infiniti G35 coupe rattled like crazy from day one and the dealer couldn't fix them either.

Ha, WTF? Why are people bumping my old ass threads? Those rattles were the thing that pissed me off the most about my LGT. It had the TSB work done along with several other trips to the dealer for rattles and it still rattled like a bastard. I guess it's what makes a Subaru a Subaru. I do miss that car though...

If the car is under warranty and they can repro it (which they will never be able to do unless you ride with them and point it out) you have a chance. Most dealers are too busy fixing real problems, could care less about your whiny ass will probably just tell you they've never heard of the TSB. I had to print out the TSB, bring it to the dealer, show it to them and hear them say "Where did you get that?!!" Otherwise, you're SOL.

so with this TSB...

All we have to do is bring our cars to the dealership and tell them there is a TSB about the rattles in our dash and they will fix it at no charge??? :confused:

No. First there has to be a problem and they can duplicate it. If the car is under warranty, it will be of no charge. if it is out of warranty, you pay for it.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

No. First there has to be a problem and they can duplicate it. If the car is under warranty, it will be of no charge. if it is out of warranty, you pay for it.

I see...so I purchased my 05 lgt used from a dealer and Im sure the warranty is gone now.

So if I were to bring in my car to the dealer and have them fix the rattles I would have to pay...

Sigh**

I see...so I purchased my 05 lgt used from a dealer and Im sure the warranty is gone now.

So if I were to bring in my car to the dealer and have them fix the rattles I would have to pay...

Sigh**

Yes. A TSB is not a recall(which is free), which people think it is. All a TSB is, is a certain procedure that the manufacturer puts out for Technicians to fix a certain "known" concern. So if you are within warranty, then it would be like making a normal repair as if the TSB never existed. If you are out of warranty, then you would pay just like any other repair.

Archived