LegacyGT.com

HID issue... Need help!

joshbauer303

Ok, so this is what's going on, best with me, it's kind of long. I had purchased a full HID kit from HIDNation.com, with fuse and relay in the wiring, etc. A couple ago, I started noticing that my driver side high beam is getting small wattage to it, in addition to my HID's. Only my driver side. Then my driver side HID just quit on me period, bulb seemed fine, so I thought maybe the ballast was bad, and ordered a new kit. I received the new kit, and replaced both ballasts, and the wiring, I no longer run the relayed/fuse harness, just plug and play through the headlights to power the bulbs. But now, my driver side high beam still slightly powers, the HID bulb flickers, (DRL's are disabled) and they both just turn off if (what seems like) the HID bulb isn't getting enough power after about 20-30 secs. RANDOMLY I've gotten it to work correctly, only to notice random power on/off of the driver bulb, and sometimes flickering of both. If I turn my high beams on, both low and high come on on the pass side, and both turn off on the driver side, and when I switch back to low beams, pass low stays on, driver side low flickers and high beam gets a low voltage to it, causing it to turn on, but dimly. The very first kit I put in my car worked fine, until the ballast went out, now it just seems like problems left and right with getting a correctly working HID kit. Any thoughts on what might be causing this issue? Is my headlight harness bad? Thanks for the replies and the help everyone!

Archived