LegacyGT.com

Windshield Wiper blade replacement

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Search around for PIAA Silicone blades...very excellent blades.

A bit pricey (around $30 if i remember correctly), but they last forever and they actually help the water bead off the windshield.

I had them on my truck for upwards of 2 years, and hadnt yet replaced them. The silicone acts as a barrier on the windshield and makes the water bead off, simply by driving.

Highly recommended, in fact I should look for a set...I can't stand the stock wipers

^ +1!!!

yes, the stockers suck, but they are free.. i had the dealer changed wipers all around 3x last year.. they didn't give me any grief.. the service guy just sprayed the water and turned on the wipers.. saw it left some streaks, said not a problem and changed them.

maybe when the warranty goes out i'll get better ones..

I will second the recomendation for Bosch Icons, they are outstanding. They don't freeze as they are made of rubber with a spring steel insert, and have no metal suspension. Very even uniform wipe, no streaks whatsoever. They have a built in air foil all along the blade top so they work better at higher speeds than the stockers. Inclement weather and cold weather performance is great.

I was booting down the Tri-State today and behind me is a guy in crapped out, loaded down panel van. We have had some special winter weather in these parts lately and the clown's windshield had one clear streak about 3-4" wide and 16" long in front of his eyes while doing 75-80.

I just bought some from Shucks for under 10 bucks each. Still get too much streaking, but I don't know if the problems is the blades or some crap the previous owner put on the windshield, like long-worn-out Rain-X maybe. Will try cleaning the windshield before I make up my mind about the blades.

If you have a wagon, just stop by the dealer to get one of the crappy rear wiper inserts that starts to separate after a year. It's an odd ball size that no one carries. I manage to get a PIAA standard insert in that size, but it had to be modified to fit because it had locking tabs which won't work with the wiper frame.

Archived