LegacyGT.com

OEM Wiper Inserts

I got my inserts replaced by the dealer last year and the passenger side wiper skips quite a bit now. I suspect they may have sold me aftermarket inserts. Does anyone have pictures of their OEM blades with OEM inserts? Thanks in advance!

I'm 57y/o, you guys need to learn what I have, all wipers suck. buy the cheap ones and change them often.

You won't feel so bad when the $20.00 ones suck in 6-8 months.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

First thing I bought for my car was the Goodyear frame-less wiper replacement from Costco $8 and I was buy one get one free at the time.

I have those from Costco. They are pretty terrible.

PIAA seems to work best in my opinion.

I'm not enthralled with the Goodyear ones but for the price they are hard to beat. My favorites are the Napa version of the single frame ones. They are about the same price as the ones on tire rack but lasted 2 full rainy seasons in Northern California. In reality $40 a year for good visibility in bad weather is nothing.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

I'm not enthralled with the Goodyear ones but for the price they are hard to beat. My favorites are the Napa version of the single frame ones. They are about the same price as the ones on tire rack but lasted 2 full rainy seasons in Northern California. In reality $40 a year for good visibility in bad weather is nothing.

That's fair.

But then again, I would think that even if the PIAA wipers were double the price of the Goodyears it would be worth it seeing that much better in the rain and wet weather.

However, I am using the Goodyear wipers right now. They just bounce a lot on my windshield in light rain (with wipers set to slowest intermittent). If there's heavy rain, they glide along the windshield better.

I loved Champion wipers on my first car but they're not available here. For both Subarus I replace OEM inserts twice a year, spring and fall. They're cheap enough and it takes less than 10 minutes to change all 3 per car.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I've had the Goodyear wipers from Costco on my car since I bought it a year ago. Even in the near constant Oregon rain, they still work brilliantly. Same with my 98, which has had them on even longer. If you guys are having to replace wiper blades that often, you need to clean your windshield and wiper blades more often. And I don't mean just hitting the washer button.

I've had the Goodyear wipers from Costco on my car since I bought it a year ago. Even in the near constant Oregon rain, they still work brilliantly. Same with my 98, which has had them on even longer. If you guys are having to replace wiper blades that often, you need to clean your windshield and wiper blades more often. And I don't mean just hitting the washer button.

And there you have it... perfect conditions for wiper blades.

If you tried a longer interval + light rain, you'd see that the PIAAs clearly outperform the GY. It's not a matter of "cleaning your windshield and wiper blades more often". What a dolt.

Archived