LegacyGT.com

My CEL Story..

derffred

this is just the beginning.. here's the whole story... first and foremost, i have a Crucial Uppipe, short downpipe, and racepipe (all catless), running the AP Cobb Stage 2 93 Octane 1.16v map.

This morning at around 6:50ish, i go out to start my car, run back in, make my cup of coffee and jump in my car to see my Check Engine MIL steadily on, and the Cruise light flashing... drive it, no driveability issues, everything is honky dory... i drove my car a few times, cycling the key WHILE DRIVING :lol: during the day at work to see if the light goes away.. and it doesn't..

Come home from work, check for the code with my AP and find... P0031 - HO2 Sensor Heater Control Circuit Low (B1 S1)... then, i throw my Snap-On Solus on it to check the parameters and readiness codes and freeze frame data... also finding more codes:

P2004 - Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Open (Bank 1)

P2005 - Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Open (Bank 2)

P2012 - Intake Manifold Runner Control Circuit Low (Bank 2)

Now at Ramsey Subaru (Paramus, NJ)... they say they don't care i have no catalytic converters, and a "chip" (the accessport).. as long as my problem is not related, they'll warranty the repairs, and if it is related... they'll diagnose it under warranty. So do you think one of these codes are erroneous? Do you think my TGV's have something to do with my exhaust system being catless? Do you think being catless could make the heater circuit inoperative? lol.. i'm lost.. help please :) all is appreciated

I think you need to narrow down your problems and hit them one at a time. First, it sounds like you've got either a dead EGO heater, bad wiring, or a bad connector (I vote for the last one, connectors are always the weakest point).

A pending DTC doesn't mean much. It just means that it hasn't met the drive cycle/test cycle limit to trigger the DTC. They put that safeguard in software for a reason. Fix your O2 sensor problem, clear the ECU and keep an eye on it.

FWIW, there's a diagnostic chart in the Vacation Pix for each of those DTCs. You could run through that procedure to see if you in fact have a problem.

because i work on cars for a living.. and i love it, just hate having to update whenever a new MY comes out.. unfortunately for me, my Solus just sits at home because i work for Mercedes-Benz and we have our SDS (Star Dianostic System) Laptops for diags...

• 4 months later...
soooo what should i do? let Subaru deal with it? i cleared the codes.. (which i shouldn't have done).. hopefully they come back..

even if you cleared them, they should still be in the code history, right?

did you do a drive cycle and see if teh offending sensor was switching at highway speeds?

we recently had a car that at idle, the sensor would switch, at highway speeds it would go dead........

What happend with all the codes?

What was the problem? I had the same codes but went away and never came back. BTW, my car is all stock.

• 3 months later...
What happend with all the codes?

What was the problem? I had the same codes but went away and never came back. BTW, my car is all stock.

Same here. I took it to autozone and they read those same codes. i start it up to leave and the engine light is off. Does this mean I don't have to worry about it or should I still have Subaru or another dealer look into it?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived