LegacyGT.com

does anyone have any info on XV's start/stop system?

bradze

Doesn't most engine wear take place at start-up?

So they say, but mostly because the engine is cold and all the oil is sitting in the sump rather than coating the engine components. Neither of those should be an issue sitting through a stoplight.

As to retrofitting it to an Outback, I have not clue how that would work. Unfortunately, the March issue of Automobile has a short review of the Euro version of the XV, and they say that stop/start won't be coming to the US.

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

not at all surprising start/stop isn't coming to US. my outback is pretty spartan in comparison to the global model offerings. i asked the twits at nasioc cuz its originally posted it will have start/stop, but no answer, those goons are about as helpful as a growth on your dick. thanks spoonwacker, i really like your avatar. my friend gets me into wanting to do chumpcar/lemons, but then he says its too dangerous, i dont know about that.

thanks spoonwacker, i really like your avatar. my friend gets me into wanting to do chumpcar/lemons, but then he says its too dangerous, i dont know about that.

No problem! We've got a team of LGT drivers here in the PNW, and we're all pretty happy with the safety of ChumpCar. They're thorough about their safety inspections, and while they're more lenient than LeMons when it comes to black flags for accidental spins or harmless off-track excursions, they brook absolutely no reckless driving. Our team has two HANS devices, though to my surprise I and the owner of the other one are the only two people who have used them :iam:

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

thanks, i don't agree with my friend's rationale. i would really love to do one but since i'm in school right now and not working, i can't commit. maybe next year.

oh yeah and i guess ill keep shutting off my ignition at stop lights, a system that does it automatically would make me feel better.

Archived