LegacyGT.com

Cobb accessport help needed!!

boxcar

Hi everyone. I went to get my new (to me) Legacy tuned at area1320, and came to find out that my ecu is locked due to a Cobb accessport being removed, but not unmarried from my car. So, I need someone with an access port to unmarry it from their car, marry it to mine, and then unmarry it. Anyone wanna help out? I'd be willing to buy some gas or beer for your time, thanks guys!

I live in Mechanicsburg, PA, 17055

I believe only the accesport that is married to your car can unlock it. Only option I can think of is to take out your ecu and send it to cobb to get it unlocked.

That's what a lot of people thought, me included, but I confirmed it with Cobb, and any V2 AP can unlock my ECU.

In other news, a local buddy with an AP is going to help me. I didnt ask him at first because he has an 04 WRX, and I was thinking it would have to be legacy specific for some reason.

That's what a lot of people thought, me included, but I confirmed it with Cobb, and any V2 AP can unlock my ECU.

In other news, a local buddy with an AP is going to help me. I didnt ask him at first because he has an 04 WRX, and I was thinking it would have to be legacy specific for some reason.

Well thats good information to know and I'm glad you got someone to help you. Hope your tune goes well.

• 1 month later...

Well, my buddies APV2 wouldnt work, turns out that their are actually two versions of the APV2. One for 2.0s, and one for 2.5s...

So, anybody in the Harrisburg, York area want to help me out?

Archived