LegacyGT.com

short throw shifter ??????????

Be original. Be the first to install a long-throw shifter with a nice 2ft shift lever . . . oh wait . . . that comes stock . . . never mind.

Seriously, +1 to Xenonk. I know of no unique mechanical differences in the '08 models that would interfere.

If you don't like the stock pogo-stick shift arm, consider a kartboy or cobb STS instead of the Perrin adapter. They are a little more money, but the reduced height is great. Both are more harsh than the stock arm (with the rubber isolator), but they also remove the stocker's vagueness.

If you like the isolated feel of the stock shifter but hate the height, it can be trimmed down a bit.

Do I remember reading somewhere that the Perrin STS adapter leaves the shift lever offset to the rear?

I had a cobb shifter which is quite nice. It is fully adjustment--the throw and the height. I also have the Kartboy front and rear transmission bushings. The shifter feels 9999999999999999 times better now!

I am in RI if you want to come by and check it out. Much better feel and linkage for about $180.

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

On my car I didn't have to trim the metal plate. It is set a few inches shorter than stock, and set the lowest setting for throw. Only If I set it stupid low in height would I would need to trim the metal.
enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

i am looking for a shorter smoother shift because like stated above the factory is like a pogo stick makes me feel like i have a huge gear box lol...;) but my only concern was if the chassis changed would the installation be a custom install instead of just re-bolting and making my life a bit easier but was def thinking kartboy but they say nothing fits the 08' yet so i will have to pogo along for a bit :(

rao741

I would've answered this if you added one more question mark...you're just below the cut off. :(

el scorcho what is meant by ur comment? "Am I below what cut off?" please enlighten me

rao741

• 6 months later...

Archived