LegacyGT.com

Quick Question... How to remove plastic seatback on 05 LGT?

toomanytoyz

Hey Guys,

I'm trying to take the plastic back panel off my seats to install headrest monitors. I need to get back there to hook up the wiring. I've tried pulling the plastic at the corners and bottom to no avail, and managed to crack one of them in the middle. Grrrr... How the heck do they come off? I assume snap-clips, as there are no visible screws... This is driving me batty! :spin:

And of course, none of the seat threads in here say how to remove that panel.

Help! PLEASE! :)

TIA!

i think theres 2 pop in things in the top corners and hooks that go around a bar across the bottom. use a long screw driver to pry the top clips out.

well thats how i think i did it about a month ago. i did find it on here but it wasnt easy

i think theres 2 pop in things in the top corners and hooks that go around a bar across the bottom. use a long screw driver to pry the top clips out.

well thats how i think i did it about a month ago. i did find it on here but it wasnt easy

Thanks! Got any pics of it apart?

There's a thread about how to fix broken lumbar supports which discusses removing the back panel. IIRC, there are 3 snap clips at the top of the panel. Start at one corner and work towards the other. Then lift the panel up and out. I've done it without any issues.

Easy peasy.

Drape a terry towel over seat back just reaching the plastic back panel.

Insert two dinner or butter knife blades between the three top button clips. Use hands and fingers to pull straight out. Another firm pull grasping halfway down detaches the two side tabs. Then lift the panel up and off the lower two hooks.

Dave

436602437_LegacyOutbackseatback.thumb.jpg.b8099dfcb94ced2e845f679656b23836.jpg

Archived