LegacyGT.com

2010 LGT up close

I had a chance to examine the 2010 LGT at NY Auto Show today. I'm sold. See photos below.

Some observations:

• The interior feels like a car that costs $10,000 more and is light years ahead of the current version. Seats are well-padded and supportive, and the center armrest is much more thickly padded and moved forward (giving great elbow rest and probably negating the need for the armrest extension option). The armrest has two levels inside: a deep box for storage and a second level -- sort of a tray, where it looks like you could store an iPod or cell phone. Perforated leather looks great, although the charcoal color seems slightly grayer than what I have on my '08 2.5i. Nice fit and finish on the dash. I could do without the fake bird's-eye maple trim. It's better than the plastic wood on the current Legacys, but it looks a little out of place on the LGT. I'd rather see some brushed aluminum or fake carbon fiber.
  • While I haven't checked the dimensions against the '09, the car looks longer and, as promised, there appears to be several inches more knee room in the rear. However, it doesn't visually appear any wider. If you look at it from the rear, the car has kind of a long and narrow look, as if the current model was simply stretched.
  • The doors close with a nice "thunk." Trunk is huge and LGT maintains dual exhausts, while the 2.5i goes to a single exhaust.
  • The exterior and interior, IMHO, look better than the factory photos. The front grille and bumper don't seem to jut out as much as the '09s and the eyebrows over the wheel arches look less pronounced in person.

They also had a 2.5i Limited there in DGM, but the seats didn't feel as good.

If this car goes, stops and handles like it should, I could see myself trading both my 2.5i and Porsche for it. I was drooling as I sat in it. I hereby take back any previous posts saying I don't really need the added power of an LGT. :)

2010LGT-1.thumb.jpg.66d6fdbff74ea39de6bd30d2f97e259c.jpg

2010LGT-2.thumb.jpg.bd5a310ee4fe8a27dc3f36465b0a4a8a.jpg

2010LGT-3.thumb.jpg.c56d5b8a0c615517955e78817a4a86e1.jpg

2010LGT-4.thumb.jpg.6b995de01ab5fe958105d210ce55f47e.jpg

2010LGT-5.thumb.jpg.6c01b96a79f3a34e886eda4ded7f5f76.jpg

2010LGT-6.thumb.jpg.e37d40537a8957529dbf7848413a836b.jpg

2010LGT-7.thumb.jpg.191cb5ea6b10cc7dedbc5caac7ee163e.jpg

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
now granted I'm not in my car right now but why is the tach on the left?? I swear in my 3.0R it's on the right. That would be hard to get used to. Other than that it just looks a bit plain to me. I guess other colors might tell a different story though.

more like Subaru hasn't done jack since 1998 and sold its soul to Toyota. This marks the death of Subaru brand, image and character, and everything else. This is shocking.

happy to see turbo/intercooler/engine upgrades. Much faster than ours...stock

vomit bag please...

absolutely disgusting

+1

The 2010 legacy ruins the name of the legacy! Biggest pile of shit Ive ever seen come from subaru. Went from sporty luxury car, the fat bitch half way through fat camp. Its just. so. ugly.

that fake plastic wood can give one a seizure...

I know what they were thinking: let's make a car that's like a love child of Honda Accord + Hyundai + Lexus from 20 years ago.

Also, let's make all the car panels look like they don't go together and make the car that will attract a different audience: i.e. Let's target this car towards drivers that have an average age of dead.

I predict they will sell 5 of these this year and then Toyota can sell the Subaru brand to India or just close shop.

Subaru pulling out of rally racing was the sign of things to come...

Well, there is more people with bad taste and insensitive to hideous designs that we may think, especially in the U.S. - this is the country of Aztec and Rendezvous. If those found buyers, anything would.

So who knows it may be viable entry of Subaru into mobile appliance market... in thr U.S. But the GT? Enthusiasts car? It's a joke. That won't sell and will be axed pronto....

it's not good enough to even get a change to blow. Even if your eyes were closed. More like it's good enough to have a laughing attack or a sudden loss of many brain cells.

or a camry, either way the rear blows.

Archived