LegacyGT.com

Stage 2 spec.B kept up with '00 911

Went for a "spirited drive" with a friend with a 911. I had some advantage as I've had my car for many more miles than he has, and I knew the roads better. However even in the straight aways neither car had a clear advantage.

His car is NA but I was still sure it was going to pull away from me. It's got 100k and I'm only at 30k, plus the turbo, tuning etc. He does have intake, exhaust etc.

Still loving the spec.B but today I decided the Conti DWS aren't going to cut it for the summer. I need summer tires!

He was complaining about the tendency to oversteer when he lifts the throttle. Isn't that called throttle-snap oversteer or something like that rear engine cars like that are known for? He was a little spooked in the corners. Still even when next to each other from a roll he couldn't pull on me.

Yes, if he was a better driver he should have been able to hang with me in the corners, especially with 265 40/19's and those big as single piece calipers/huge rotors.

Out of curiosity, what happens if you put a Spec B badge on a Porsche?

Hmmm,good question. Well I'm sure the Porshe would be fasterar and handle better.

Just not sure about the reliability.

You forget about replacing the engine fluids with unicorn blood and the brake fluid with tears of the vestal virgin.

I was just surprised that I could even keep up with him at all.

Found a VTEC badge on eBay, I can Only wonder at what that might do for the porsche.

There was a TSB released by Porsche a few years ago about this. In Porsches, when VTEC kicks in the engine itself actually gets so much power that it can jump out of the car and accelerate on its own. This leaves the car powerless and it often crashes.

http://www.marax.at/funpix/porsche_mega_crash.html

Scroll to the bottom to see the engine after VTEC kicked in.

Archived